• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front battery not charging (M1009)

fallen

Can anyone advise which alt. charges the front battery. I have been looking but cant find the thread I need this morning. My gen #2 light began flickering when I turn the head light on. I checkec and only have battery voltage at the front battery. I have charging voltage at the rear battery, the m1009 was running when I checked it.

Another problem I am having is the turn signals flashing very slowly when the head lights are on. I think the may be due to the front battery not charging. What does the front battery supply power to as opposed to the rear battery.

Thanks for the help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front battery, drivers side alt , Runs all stock 12v circuits

Rear battery, passenger side alt, used in series with front battery when starting and supplies the glow plugs(stock)

coecamo

Download the TMs ( Resource Section ) You can Identify anything on the truck and the individual schematics are pliceless Coecamo:-D

fallen

I took the alt off Sunday and had it checked it checked out at 14.7 volts. The machine would not show amperage but it checked out good. I dont have the TM downloaded yet between working 2 jobs and everything else i have to do time is tight any suggestions would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks