• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front prop shaft replacement

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I detected excessive spline play in the front prop shaft... What to do? A local shop specializing in drive line repair (and a Spicer auth. dealer) quoted me $575.00 to repair.

Thanks to Suprman for the referral to Eastern Supply. Bought a new one for $475.00 and it appears to have much larger splines than the stock one (photo attached) stock is on the left, replacement on the right.

IMG_2660.JPG

Pointman

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you happen to have their internal part number for that shaft? I can't seem to find it on their site (the search function returns nothing for searches like "driveshaft" and "fmtv shaft", even though I can obviously see there are items with those keywords in them).

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you happen to have their internal part number for that shaft? I can't seem to find it on their site (the search function returns nothing for searches like "driveshaft" and "fmtv shaft", even though I can obviously see there are items with those keywords in them).
NSN 2520-01-545-0390

My contact at Eastern Surplus/Flight Source was Joshua Fulkroad.
717-896-7570 Good Luck with your search..

Pointmam

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manual shows #483-49-050-145 for the front, #483-49-050-433 for the rear. Hope this helps you!

Pointman

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called them (twice to make sure), and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said the best they could do was $1000 for a new one, or they had a truck they could pull a working one off of for less. A very strange conversation.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an offer from a local drive line shop (and a Spicer authorized dealer) to rebuild my old one for $525.00. I found the heavier duty unit and jumped on it.

I may need to rebuild when the rear goes..

Pointman

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, they're going to rebuild mine and replace the u-joints for $475. That's why when I saw your post the same day I was like "****, might as well buy a new one instead."

I had an offer from a local drive line shop (and a Spicer authorized dealer) to rebuild my old one for $525.00. I found the heavier duty unit and jumped on it.

I may need to rebuild when the rear goes..

Pointman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks