• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frustrated - trying to get a CUCV key

jrou111

I have called 8 Chevrolet dealers and 1 locksmith in the Birmingham area and they won't make a CUCV key even when I tell them the code. There was one who would make one for $25 but wouldn't guarentee that it was the right one. :roll:

I'm picking my m1009 on Monday 4/27 from Redstone and need to get a key ASAP! :evil: Too late for the ebay route now too :oops:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long did your EUC take?:oops:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you all set now? Did Jimm1009, hook you up?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i only have one key for my 1009 so maybe i should get another made? haha can i go to walmart and get one . is there a special blank that i need . im just getting into a restore on my blazer thanks for any help in advance Tim :roll:

jimm1009

CUCV keys

Hello out there fellow CUCV owners.

I think that anyone that might have a chance to buy another CUCV should have one key in their possession.

That being said, I would like to warn all of you CUCV owners. If you have originally keyed locks in your truck, you could be asking for trouble.
There were 88,000 (U.S.Version) of these trucks made in various configurations.
I would not want anyone having a key in their pocket that would make stealing my truck that much easier.
You can have your locks rekeyed so that the orignal key will no longer work or just buy a newer series lock and have them keyed using the B-key (round key). If you go to PepBoys or similar group and find a truck lock that will accept perhaps a "K" blank and then find door locks that will accept the same blank, then you can have a locksmith rekey them and have piece of mind too.
Just my 1.73 cents worth but that is the very FIRST thing that I did was to change the locks.
Think O.D. Green fellow MVers!

Jimm1009

AllenEM

I broken my lock assembly in mine and when to auto zone and got a lock assembly w/ key newer square key for mine. was not a big deal to change.

Coal Cracker

If you're in a pinch, take some tools sockets etc, and pull the steering wheel, you can rent a wheel puller from autozone, advance, or use a damper puller, and remove the ignition lack cyl, by unscrewing the philips head screw, and pull out the cyl, thus allowing you to put in a regular screwdriver and starting, oh and you can get a replacement lock cyl , from advance ,autozone,with new keys, but the screwdriver will work as long as you need it to.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pocket full of them I live in Rockmart Ga I gave the rep. at Redstone the keys they have I don't think they have any left. I gave away 3 more the last time I was there I can try sending you one in the mail I don't know if it will get there in time are come on up to Rockmart and I will give you one they cost me 92 cents to have made here. I all get at less 10every time I have them made for people that had not learned they don't have keys at most of the pick up sites . Mp me you adress I will put one in the mail in the morning.
US Navy Retired
M35A1
M35A2x8
M1008
M1009x2
M105A2x6

3dubs

I got my 86 M1009 and there is a round key in the ingition. The key will not come out. Does that mean someone stuck the wrong key in and forced it? I was thinking I would have to replace the ingition but I do not know.

I am sure the $13 for keys was because he did not have any key to copy. I do not think Wallymart can help you then. you have to get the key code and have a locksmith make a key from the code. It costs more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks