• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Meade Entrance

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
They no longer allow you to enter the gate off of RT 32 unless you are driving a deuce or larger. Today we were recovering 3 trailers and got sent to the main gate (Reese Road) off of Rt 175. I just want to let anyone else making recoveries know. No one needs to wait in line, to be booted out, and have to drive 20 minutes to another gate. Enter Reese road, drive behind the visitor center, follow signs to Inspection Center. After inspection, take the first left onto Ernie Pyle. Take that until the stop sign before the bridge over RT 32. Take a rt. That is Rock RD. GL is about a mile up the road on the left.

Last edited by a moderator:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went with joediveguy about a month back to recover a CUCV Blazer, it was no fuss, no muss. Quite a change from when I had to recover things from there in 2004, it was **** then.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I told Justine at GL that they need to post on their site about what gate to enter depending on what you are driving. No one ever answers the phone since they are always out doing something in the lot. We had a great recovery. Any time I get to do something with my sons, it is a great day. We pulled out 2 101a2's and 1 immaculate 1102. Took them to RFishbacks house, and that saved the day. Thanks Randy. My yard is like mud...

HAWKMAN

I never really had any problems with pick-ups at Meade other than the drive down and back, though the last time I went one of the guards at the inspection area kind'a acted like a bit of a clown,(I guess his buddy thought he was funny). Always went in the main gate (Reese RD) but I only have a 3/4 ton van so I just followed everyone else:arrow:. I can say that all the trailers I got out of there were clean and worth the trip.....:D

rfischba1

Glad to hear you make a fast and easy pick up at Meade. sure beats the long runs to Harve De Grace MD , you always have to plan ahead and wait for someone to meet you and unlock the gates. Plus paying the new toll rates suck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks