• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Riley Ks to Oak Grove Mo

Triple C

Went to Riley and picked up my 925A1 last week. The trip went really well till I blew a front tire in the middle lane of I-70 in down town KC. Really felt sorry for the lady driving right next to the tire when it blew. Fortunately it didn't make any big pieces except for the tread which stuck under the truck. Took one look at the 600 lb spare about eye height and THAT'S when I found out what the crane was for! It only took about 45 minutes for my brother in law and I to change the tire. Lessons learned, don't leave home without the correct stuff to handle a tire issue! Unit had about 3/4 tank of fuel when I got it and when I got to Oak Grove (160 mi) it had just under 1/4 tank. I put 36 gallons in it and that filled it back up. Next trip? Salina to buy a new spare:) Maybe I will take the pickup though.

Attachments

Triple C

They ARE painted yellow! I am hoping I can take the lenses off and use some paint thinner to clean that off. Suppose there was a reason they did that -

91W350

Glad nobody got hurt. We have a trailer going to Pleasant Hill Saturday if you want a free ride for your spare that far, just let us know. You could bring your bed down and trade for a tan one if you like, no charge and I will provide the tractor... 8) Glen

Triple C

Got out to Salina and picked up a couple of tires from Glen, thanks to the member who suggested him and thanks Glen for the great prices! Ready to roll again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks