• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Sill (Lawton Oklahoma) Preview Help

OKCMoparGuy

Newbie looking for preview help on the M35A2 Deuce's for sale. I called the Government Listing phone # provided and was directed to a number on base. Called the base and was advised no previews allowed for any of these trucks.

My questions are:
1) Anyone on base or with contacts on base who might be able to assist getting me a preview or advising which trucks to avoid. We could negotiate an appropriate fee.

2) From my extensive, almost obsessive, reading on this site it seems most if not all bases allow preview of these items. Is this not the case? Maybe I'll have to wait for another nearby base to auction their deuces.

Thanks for all your help guys. I love this site and can't wait to experience ownership of my first MV.

hoopsoft

Well this won't help you much, but I've seen those trucks.. I didn't crawl all over them because I was picking up a couple of trailers, but the ones that looks nice seemed like good trucks...

They were different they had seats in the middle facing out instead of regular troop seats. Not sure if you can get on or not.. The ladies name is Kathy at that site, it seems harder to catch her in a good mood here lately.

OKCMoparGuy

Thanks hoopsoft.

Kathy was very nice to me, just wanted to be clear that visitors weren't allowed to view these trucks.

I pm'd a couple of guys in the area who offered advice. As it turns out it's just that particular section of the yard they don't allow visitors. I'm guessing they have some active duty equipment there and don't want wrongdoers entering.

I couldn't figure out the troop seating arrangement either. If I get one I'll try and find out more details to share.

Thanks for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks