• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter help

aaron379

ok i changed my fuel filters my kit came with 3 2 long and one short got the 2 that are next to the oil filters but where is the small one? and what is the filter that is on passenger side frame rail next to radiator?

mightymanx

It's a one inch bolt on top of the filter housing lowers the canister. Don't arc across your alt. it does not like it, plus the combo of sparks and fuel should be self explanitory.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you might be ready to learn how to use the tech manuals. Just ask, and we'll help you learn what they are and how to use them.

The beauty to military trucks is, they are all totally documented in tech manuals.

The parts manuals have exploded views of everything!

The basic maintenance manuals will walk you through the simplest tasks.

mightymanx

That gap is to collect water that you can drain out withthe petcock

Now what you will not find in the TM's is when you open it up and some dumbs%^t took the washer and spring out and put in a long filter which works perfect as a water wick.

The short filter will fit on a washer and spring keeping it up make sure they are there. if not get them and put them in.

I am 1 for 3 being right, and had to fix the other 2 by sourcing the springs and washer. There is a also a tiny cotter pin that holds them un place but you can get them anywhere.

aaron379

That gap is to collect water that you can drain out withthe petcock

Now what you will not find in the TM's is when you open it up and some dumbs%^t took the washer and spring out and put in a long filter which works perfect as a water wick.

The short filter will fit on a washer and spring keeping it up make sure they are there. if not get them and put them in.

I am 1 for 3 being right, and had to fix the other 2 by sourcing the springs and washer. There is a also a tiny cotter pin that holds them un place but you can get them anywhere.

thanks ill get on that tomorrow there must be crap in there the petcock wont put out anything

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The instructions for changing the primary filter is in chapter 3-28 of TM 9-2320-361-20

A picture of the primary filter assembly can be found in TM 9-2320-361-20P

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks