• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge help

Sam27

My fuel gauge is suddenly reading way past full. I'm going to poke around and figure it out, but wanted to get input from the group to get a running start. If it is reading way past full, is that likely a ground problem, or something else? I can't remember if the senders read high resistance when full or empty. Also, it would help to know where the ground is located at the sender end (frame close to sender presumably?) and how the wire is routed up to the gauge. Thanks for any help.

pmramsey

This is a common problem. First check the sending unit. Otherwise, one must pull the dash cover. My most recent issue required removing the dash cover. I cleaned the connects and everything has been working well since.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow the troubleshooting guide in the manual. It will tell you what and how to test, and what part(s) you will need to fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks