• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel injector pump leaking

dblcamaros

I need some info. on my fuel injector pump. I have tried looking in the 5 ton manuals to no avail, and there about 5 or 6 of them that won't even load. So I am turning to you guys for guidance. I have a 5 ton motor in my deuce. It is an LDS 4651A. The fuel injection pump is leaking from a 90 degree elbow lcated on he bottom of the pump housing. It s right next to where the fuel line comes in. Can anyone tell me ...is there an o ring in there or what? Or do I need to replace the entire elbow? there is a hose that runs from that elbow along the bottom of housing to another fitting on front bottom of housing. If you know where to find this info. in a TM plesase advise.......I can't search any longer. my eyes are killing me, I broke my glasses and now have a headache from trying to read blurry. Thank you for the help

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Why not just crack the unions both sides and remove the whole thing to check if split cracked or missformed? you could have done that in shorter time than all the searching you have done..Silly question , have you tried to tighten the unions yet?

dblcamaros

I have tried tigtening everything Icould. Evrything seems to be tight already. I also know nothing about the pump. I didn't even know what it was until I figured it out after searching today. I knew it had to do with the fuel but that was about it. I am very new to owning or working on these types of trucks. Mechanically inclined, but no where near a mechanic Why I am asking for help. I want to take the truck to the red ball rally in Gilbert,Pa. But can't with the leak hitting the ground.!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pretty sure they are flared fuel fittings, not O-ring involved. Get a pic of it posted, I might have one.

kneesnthebreeze

Full NHC 250 manual (with fuel pump diagrams). Was having issues with leaks and did not know how to disassemble completely. Unfortunately the tm list on ss states that we should not have access to knowledge cutting out these pages, even though everyone here works on their own stuff and is tired of having to rebuild the trucks a hundred times over, or have to pay out the ass for someone else to do the work. share the knowledge!

http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/travel/ss2009/8109_build/tm/nhc250.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks