• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel issue??

choll

Not sure what I have going on. Motor was just put in truck. New injector pump. Has run great for over 2000 miles. Ran 69 miles to day. Parked for a couple of hours and it started funny but started. Driving down the road it surged a couple of times. Stopped at a restaurant it stalked like it was out of fuel. Cranked it hard starting but started. Pushed rpms up to 2000. Then let it idle ran a little ruff. Can back out an hour later no start at all. It ran absolutely perfect until this incident. Where should I start looking.

cucvrus

Effected by heat. I would say injection pump. What else is there? Can you open the nozzle nuts on the drivers side and confirm it is getting fuel? Only 2 nuts on the delivery nozzles will tell you that. Good Luck. Did you buy the NEW injection pump? Are you 100% sure it is a fresh rebuild? Not a NOS that has sat around 10 years. I have had brand new ones fail. They were 20 years old in the military foil packaging bought as surplus. Shelf life expired 10 years prior. There is some truth to the expiration dating. Good Luck.

dependable

Maybe the IP, would check other things before replaceing out of hand. Could be air leak in many places in line or filter, lift pump failure, clogged or broken pick up tube in tank. I recently had one where the seam in lift pump body was the source of air leak, which was a first for me, took a while to figure it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks