• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leak at head, making fuel economy even worse

whyme

well Ive had a fuel leak at or around the head that has finally crippled the truck. at first the leak started as an annoyance and could possibly be the culprit behind my hard start issues but more recently i was using it to move myself out of my apartment (and for a number of reasons i had short notice and limited resources).

while after fueling up i noticed a significant loss of power and hesitation. assuming i had an issue with water in the fuel (start with the cheap fix) i stopped at auto zone to get something to clean that up. well of course the truck died right there...

after a few moments i started to check the injector pump and noticed significantly more fuel loss from the side of the head. i removed the "fuel delivery screw" and noticed that it had been painted prior to being put in so i cleaned it up and tightened it down.

the truck started again and then i noticed a leak around the injector lines, with limited tools i had to remove two lines to get to the number 4 line and after attempting to tighten it, then removing it and cleaning the surfaces, and finally re tightening it i couldn't get the leak to stop. at least it still ran

so i gave in an scratched up enough cash to buy a replacement (nobody local was of any help, diesel shops included) from Memphis equipment. they where a very helpful group of guys and i would recommend them to anyone, several of the guys there took the time to answer questions and troubleshoot a number of small problems. thank you Memphis!!

a few days later i replaced the line and the leak was gone... until i revved up and had another leak at the screw. removed inspected and sure enough its cracked. the tread surface is cracked strait through and even missing some very small pieces of the thread.

Attachments

whyme

finnaly found a replacement after several weeks. get ready for this... $25 for a used screw. i guess nobody ever said this was a cheap hobby but ****. ill have it later this week so fingers crossed.

anyone have a source on these new?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks