• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Tank Sending Unit M1008

fal_shooter

I need a fuel tank sending unit for my 1986 M1008. Does anyone have one they want to sell or can anyone give me a part number? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

scottladdy

I believe the correct Spectra Premium sending unit for the driver's side tank is FG05K. This is according to the Spectra Premium online catalog. ecat

usmcpatriot

Fuel Sending Unit

I work for Napa, just ask for the sending unit for the "correct side sending unit". When I replaced my unit, I flushed my tank with water. I let it air dry, and put alcohol to flush out the rest of the junk in there. Then cut out the hard connection fuel tube and added rubber tube to the junction to the rest of the connection, works perfectto. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

jimmyjimwas

Old thread.. But what is and where can I find the best fuel sender unit for my M1008
I don't want to have to do this twice....... Is this one from Advance the best as posted above
  • Part Number: FG05K just want anyones thoughts ... thanks

Last edited:

jimmyjimwas

Thanks ..... Forgot about rock auto. They have same.
  • Part SPECTRA PREMIUM/COOLING DEPOT FG05K: thats. 68.99 at auto zone. for 36.89. no gm there..

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked
ACDelco has discontinued that part.
You can still get the lock ring and seal and misc parts, but not the unit itself.

I installed a new ACDelco in mine almost two years ago and still going strong.
Should have bought several.

scottladdy

I added a second fuel tank to my M1008 in the standard location. I have been using the Spectra premium sending units on both sides of the pickup and in the M1009 for at least 4 years. A reasonable price and they work well enough. Accuracy is better than the 30 year old OE's I replaced.

Pappy

Fuel Sending Unit

I work for Napa, just ask for the sending unit for the "correct side sending unit". When I replaced my unit, I flushed my tank with water. I let it air dry, and put alcohol to flush out the rest of the junk in there. Then cut out the hard connection fuel tube and added rubber tube to the junction to the rest of the connection, works perfectto. Hope this helps.

What do I do with the black wire that's just hanging on that new sender ? The one I took out didn't have it. Just wire for gauge, and ground went to top edge of sender

cucvrus

That black wire goes thru the hole in the frame and gets bolted fast to the inside of the frame rail face. It is the ground for the fuel sending unit. Not sure how that works. I just follow the OEM design and it always works. Electrical is my week link.

Pappy

That black wire goes thru the hole in the frame and gets bolted fast to the inside of the frame rail face. It is the ground for the fuel sending unit. Not sure how that works. I just follow the OEM design and it always works. Electrical is my week link.

The wire I'm referring to is inside the tank, on the new sender. I assume it's for an electric fuel pump, which I do not have. It's just hanging there, not attached to anything

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks