• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tanks

jollygreen6x6

Just wondering, are the deuce fuel tanks the same as the five ton ones?
Mine has a bunch of holes in it from someone letting it set for years with water in it... [:(!]

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the capacities of the various 5-tons in: TM 9-2320-211-10 (OPERATORS MANUAL FOR TRUCK, CHASSIS: 5-TON, 6X6 ) see attachment below

Your M54 should be 78 gal. My M51 has two 55 gal. The 5 ton wreckers have two 66 1/2 s ??

I'm pretty sure the 5-tons are a little bigger, I think the deuces are 50 gal?? Can any deuce owners out there provide some insight?

I think Saturn Surplus has brand new deuce tanks for $125

lacoda56

Just checked the tanks on two of my trucks. I thought maybe the mounting brackets would interchange but the 5 ton tank is approx. 1.5" taller and 4" deeper [frame rail to outside face] than the deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks