• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

funny story

Action

So, I was in AutoZone getting an alternator checked out. I hear a guy in a NAVY shirt say the word HUMMER. I wasn't in my HMMWV. I asked if he mention Hummer.
guy "yes."
me "which one"
guy "H2. what else is there?"
me "H1"
he was like "oh yeah", then looked sad and walked out the store.
:)

ryanruck

Lol. If I pull up next to a h2 or 3 they will look over at me and kinda put their head down in shame! Lol
Yep, they never make eye contact when they're going the opposite direction either. :mrgreen:

They're worse than the Jeep drivers who tend to give a reaction ranging from stink eye to, rarely, an actual wave.

Funny enough, I tend to get the most positive reactions from built non-Jeep trucks and brodozers.

Hummermark

Reminds me I was in the us a few years back going down some interstate from Atlanta to Florida in my rental 4x4 and come up on a 3axle motor home towing his military Humvee looked over and he looked all content with the world gave him the thumbs up.

Jakob1944

Won't work here......they'll just think it is an active duty vehicle.....I can drive all over town and they won't know the difference......same-o.....same-o.......come to think of it, there is no difference......

I was told if I take it on post I better be wearing a helmet cause they'll dam sure stop you

Dark Night

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the secretaries down the hall from my office stopped me the other day outside as I was entering the building. I only know her to say "hello" as we pass in the hallway or outside. She said that one of her "bucket list" items is to drive a Hummer.
I told her to talk to the guy on the 3rd floor who drives a Chevy H2... :shrugs:

The confused look on her face was priceless...

kdaniels

Back 15 yrs ago...before Humvee's were "common" for the public to own, I rolled up to a red light here in town one night on the way to the local steak house with some friends. Doors off, 6.2 happily idling waiting on the light to change. A large SUV pulled up next to me and almost immediately both windows on my side of the SUV came down and I was greeted with 4 or 5 faces all asking about my truck. With the light about to change the only comment I could come up with was. "hey the gate is open down at the Guard, go get you one too". And I drove off.... I laughed all through out our meal as I sat there with my tag and title receipts.

Semper Fi !!

Keith

Action

Dad parked next to yellow h2 at store. Got out and looked at it. Owner asked if he liked it. Dad said no, my son has a real one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks