• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA Rally participants check in

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Home safe at 1630. Craig (BigUgh) also home safe. Unloaded his deuce already. Those ramps SUCK! Had a spring in my center axle air brakes break and puncture the diaphragm. Had to stop and disassemble but got on the road quick enough.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Made it to the university in time to take my test and do the radio show.

Truck ran great....traffic sucked going toward Hotlanta and the the NASCAR crowd had the eastbound lane jammed.

Tune in at:

HOME -

7-9 PM CST

Oldies country, alternative country and Bluegrass.

If you can't log on go to tunein.com and search for WLJS

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
made it home about 1530 after helping ferro work on his 915's brakes. The 814 paid me back for taking her into the woods- I have an air leak in the fuel line again, making driving in town a real chore.:jumpin::mrgreen:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
made it home around 1800 my time. we had a breeze going home with no traffic problems other than seeing one car upside down on the other side. the traffic wasnt backed up yet. we had a great time as usual. thanks everyonefat lady sings

poppop

I got home at 5:30. I have some driveline noise going on but I think I know what it is. Had to work on it it two years ago at the Rally.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made it home 470 miles with only one stop for fuel, no problems. Got in midnite to awake this morning at home to, Richard - ATTENTION ON THE FOB - - ATTENTION ON THE FOB, i swear that is what i heard. We all love a wreckerman.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
CAMO made it home around 1530 and Det 1 from Albany made it about 1800. Post that you've made it home safely if you don't mind!
Sandcobra forgot to mention a small detail:

There we were, convoying right along when Tony calls and says (I thought!!!) "Hey boss...we just lost the 4 wheeler off the crane truck"!!!!!!:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:
I turned around and went back, the official pit crew was already in action as shown in the pics.

There is a wheel ring and an 11/20 tire about 1/8th of a mile up in the woods somewhere near Macon GA...LOL:roll:

I just remembered why I don't like singled out trucks:cookoo:

Attachments

3dAngus

Got home at 18:00 yesterday after running out of fuel around Macon/Bryon. My wife chasing went for fuel. I still had 5-10 gallons but it started missing and finally died on I-75. Refueled, bled the lines at the filter while checking for color (clear), and was quickly back on the road. Left on Saturday due to my wife getting ill at night with loss of voice and cold coming on. Fine during the day when she gets out, but was not doing well today. SHE LOVED IT. Even enjoyed peeling potatoes.

poppop

3dangus, I looked for you the whole time and i guess this is why I never found you. I just wanted to Thank you for being willing to pick up my stuff for me. I really apprecate it. I had a great time while I was there and look forward to meeting you at another time.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Made it home early this morning. Nice meeting you SandCobra and great seeing Troy, PB and Tony. Good stew Tony. It hit the spot after the 670 mile drive. I feel home with you guys.

AMGeneral

Jennifer and I got home about 17:45 or so,Neil was contuining north on I85 at about 4PM,so he should be home about 7 or so.

I already tallied up the numbers for the M54A1, 550 miles round trip,110 gal of fuel used,4.9 mpg,all but 60 miles of that was flat towing a M35A2C w/winch.

I guess you could say I was doing a "load test" on the replacment 673 Mack I just put in,cause I towed the deuce down and back and never got to hit the woods with it.:doh:

3dAngus

3dangus, I looked for you the whole time and i guess this is why I never found you. I just wanted to Thank you for being willing to pick up my stuff for me. I really apprecate it. I had a great time while I was there and look forward to meeting you at another time.
No problem Poppop. I found your AO and knew you were there with the deuce:grin:, but missed you twice. Next time. Glad you could make it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks