• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gainesville, Ga. Touch-a-Truck August 6

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well as the title says, the Gainesville touch-a-truck is here again, I have been asked to get a "FEW" army trucks for the event because the kids of ALL ages just love them (even 70 year old kids), I asked "what do you mean a "FEW""?. I was told "we will leave that up to you" (A BAD DECISION) so I figure on a scale of 1 truck to 100 trucks, 12 trucks (a dozen) would be considered a "few".

So lets get a "few army trucks" for the KIDS, I will have 2, I think Swiss will have 3 so that means we will need 7 more trucks to fill out the roster for a FEW needed army trucks FOR THE KIDS.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ok about a month away, anybody want to show there truck/s, the kids of ALL ages love these trucks

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Will they climb the trucks?
Yes, in the cab and the bed. You can keep the kids out of the bed by keeping the tail gate up along with no ladder. All the kids love touch a truck because they can get close and personal.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well, I am pulling the plug on doing this event,I will let the event planers know Monday, the reasons for this decision is that my partner Swiss has to be in Chicago most of the week before the event, getting back in town about 2am Saturday morning (8/6), so he is in no position to prep his trucks for the event let alone bring trucks, second reason is that I have gotten NO responses from others that want to be at the event, third reason is that I DO NOT want to hang out in the heat that we have been having, forth reason is that if I show BART, he stands a good chance that he WILL get molested because he is such a BIG truck by a number of spoiled rug rats (a small number spoils it for all, the patents "think it is cute" that there "smart" (really a moron) brat knows how to break a army truck).

As a side comment, In my MANY yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears on this earth, I have noticed that MORONIC kids HAVE MORONS for PARENTS, and these MORONIC families take great pride in letting the word KNOW that they ARE MORONS, they ALSO PROVE why the gene pool needs a GOOD chlorine bath and forced sterilization should be mandatory, maybe go as far as to feed the brats to the lions, accept if I did I could be charged with CRUELTY to animals.

Last edited:

99nouns

I didn't want to discourage you but I think you did the right thing, kids are naturally curious and unless closely mentored they cause nothing but trouble, they will press buttons pull cables turn handles push and pull things, not only that these trucks are heavy, high and got sharp and pointy edges. I mean if they want to stand by the tire and take a pic that's fine but my insurance doesn't cover a fallen child from the second floor of a building I mean a military truck...

sandcobra164

As a Father to currently 7 and 9 year old boys, I guess the Kinder Gentler Ron left the room for that post. Oh well, such a shame as to how some view kids. We had no clue at that age either but we had good parents to show us. If in absence of my parents, I got some education from other people of age. If I took that viewpoint, the Leesburg GA Christmas Parade would have a hole in it for the lack of Military Vehicles and the kids who get excited over this stuff. Only bad issue I have ever had involved a CUCV and a switch that got turned on. I parked it and did not notice and it killed a battery. May have cost 2 bucks to recharge, I am well aware that young kids can costs more money than that and often times in this stage of my life, they are my own doing it. Watch out for these two in the picture!!!

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well, I am pulling the plug on doing this event,I will let the event planers know Monday, the reasons for this decision is that my partner Swiss has to be in Chicago most of the week before the event, getting back in town about 2am Saturday morning (8/6), so he is in no position to prep his trucks for the event let alone bring trucks, second reason is that I have gotten NO responses from others that want to be at the event, third reason is that I DO NOT want to hang out in the heat that we have been having, forth reason is that if I show BART, he stands a good chance that he WILL get molested because he is such a BIG truck by a number of spoiled rug rats (a small number spoils it for all, the patents "think it is cute" that there "smart" (really a moron) brat knows how to break a army truck).

As a side comment, In my MANY yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears on this earth, I have noticed that MORONIC kids HAVE MORONS for PARENTS, and these MORONIC families take great pride in letting the word KNOW that they ARE MORONS, they ALSO PROVE why the gene pool needs a GOOD chlorine bath and forced sterilization should be mandatory, maybe go as far as to feed the brats to the lions, accept if I did I could be charged with CRUELTY to animals.

This is why I have dogs. oh and a goat now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks