• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Tachometer

wsucougarx

Is there a reason why the Goat didn't come with a Tach? Has anyone added a tach to their Goats? I found the tachometer port on the Detroit but wondered what a guy would use for a the cable? Just need to cross reference a part that a MV uses.

pjwest03

Essentially any Detroit mechanical tach setup will work. 2-53, 3-53, 4-53 are used in a large variety of things. Generators, pumps, small dozers, gun platforms, man lifts,fork lifts, all sorts of agriculturally derived equipment. 6V-53 family is used in armored vehicles, M113s, LAVs, and a host of other things. Very easy to find if you're not determined to have a military part.

dmetalmiki

Great video thank you. I am in the process of fitting a rev counter to mine. That engine seemed to be going really slow and lagging from low rpm gear changes. The supercharger barley seemed to kick in. I seriously do not think mine would have been out of third most of that journey.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks