• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gap at door

ramdough

Is it normal to have a gap at the bottom of the door? I put a straight edge and the door is curved. Both doors have the same curve.

The doors are adjusted really nice. The close and latch solidly, so I am hesitant to change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

ramdough

Wow then that is waaayyy out. Like the door has been bowed somehow
If you put a straight edge on the door, it. Is not straight….. both in fact have the exact same bow.

The bulb seals are brand new, so I hate to replace them yet, but that may be my next option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Dog

You could try moving the door catch, attached to the door jam, towards the inside of the cab so the door shuts a little tighter. There's about 1/8" of adjustment in every direction of that part. Since you're hesitant to make adjustments to the door hinges, the catch adjustment would be easy to undo.

Edit:
My doors are also curved. Probably about a 3/16" gap in the middle of the horizontal section at the bottom.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks