• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauge Mounting Pods.

rsh4364

73-87chevytrucks.com has 3 gauge a pillar pods for 3 2 1/16 gauges. Also found dash mount pods at egauges.com # POD-004. I have both and they are decent quality. Saves drilling holes in dashboard.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find the A pillar gauge pods distracting. I wonder if the reason they are so popular is folks showing off gauges. A dash pod seems much more functional.

Barrman

Post number 206 in my Cowdog build thread is the only picture I have of mine.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?74514-M1007-CUCV-Suburban-Clone-Build-Thread/page6

i have engine oil temp, egt and boost. I haven't driven it down the road yet so distraction or view blockage is still a mystery to me. I was very concerned about that before I bought and installed it. Sitting in the truck and daily driving square body trucks has led me to believe it will work great. Hopefully I will know for sure within the next few weeks.

The gauge pod itself screws to the a pillar post plastic trim. Since the CUCV trucks don't have that. It might be tricky to securely mount on them. I had to really think through my wiring and installation sequence. Without the plastic trim. It will probably be harder to secure. But it can be done.

Ilikemtb999

Post number 206 in my Cowdog build thread is the only picture I have of mine.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?74514-M1007-CUCV-Suburban-Clone-Build-Thread/page6

i have engine oil temp, egt and boost. I haven't driven it down the road yet so distraction or view blockage is still a mystery to me. I was very concerned about that before I bought and installed it. Sitting in the truck and daily driving square body trucks has led me to believe it will work great. Hopefully I will know for sure within the next few weeks.

The gauge pod itself screws to the a pillar post plastic trim. Since the CUCV trucks don't have that. It might be tricky to securely mount on them. I had to really think through my wiring and installation sequence. Without the plastic trim. It will probably be harder to secure. But it can be done.
I was more interested in the dash pod not the A pillar. I've had pillar mounted gauges before in different vehicles. I'm not a fan of their location.

rsh4364

Dash pods made by NewSouth performance. Sold by egauges.com 30$,I Google POD-004.and can find.A pillar pod will house oil psi, coolant temperature and trans temperature. Dash pod will hold boost, egt.and fuel psi someday.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks