• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 Light

LT67

85 M1008 factory 24V system.

When I start the truck, the light does not come on and the needle on the gage is in the green, but close to the beige . When I bring up the rpm's to around 1500 the light comes on and the needle goes halfway into the beige. I don't have a voltmeter and all connections are clean and tight. Assuming it's time for a rebuild?

MarcusOReallyus

Buy a cheap voltmeter. Less than 20 bucks at Lowes or Harbor Freight. You need one.

Then see the "Testing the alternator on the vehicle" sticky at the top of the forum.

Member Tow4 sells rebuild kits. It's not a tough job. My first time took me 45 minutes on the bench, not including R& R time. Some do it in 10 or 15 minutes, because they've done a few.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks