• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator 2 light stays on

Oldsouthernboy

My Generator 2 light stays on even when not running. I have been trying to figure this out but lost on this. I have just cleaned all the contacts on the circuit board and light holders, Cleaned the connectors on the both alternators, made sure that the grounds were clean, new belts on generators and checked for strech, Voltmeter stays in the green when running or idle. all the terminal studs cleaned and tightened. I am lost may be something so simple and in my face I am overlooking, but baffled.

para 3

My Generator 2 light stays on even when not running. I have been trying to figure this out but lost on this. I have just cleaned all the contacts on the circuit board and light holders, Cleaned the connectors on the both alternators, made sure that the grounds were clean, new belts on generators and checked for strech, Voltmeter stays in the green when running or idle. all the terminal studs cleaned and tightened. I am lost may be something so simple and in my face I am overlooking, but baffled.
Hello from France
check the relay of generator 2 (under the dashboard)

“GEN 2“ LIGHT REMAINS ON WITH KEY IN “OFF” POSITION
Step 1. Remove generator 2 relay.
If light goes out, replace relay.
If light remains on, trace circuit through brown/red lead to “GEN 2“ light in
instrument panel.
good luck

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello from France
check the relay of generator 2 (under the dashboard)

“GEN 2“ LIGHT REMAINS ON WITH KEY IN “OFF” POSITION
Step 1. Remove generator 2 relay.
If light goes out, replace relay.
If light remains on, trace circuit through brown/red lead to “GEN 2“ light in
instrument panel.
good luck
11 year old post; I assume the op has resolved the issue by now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks