• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Genset shipping Albany, GA to Greensboro, NC Options?

4WD

Purchased a Fermont MEP-803A from Govplanet Albany, GA last Wed 04/24. Trying to get secure transport to Greensboro, NC. Anyone ever use uship, veritread, or LTL Common Carriers (R&L, Southeastern Etcc.) to pickup from their yard in Albany. All I have right now on receiving end is a parking lot, pallet jack and box truck/w liftgate to slide it in too/on too.

Worse option is I can drive down in p/up and if they will slide it in bed with forklift. Don't won't to do that as it would be a long day. Could do it in box truck but it get 10mpg diesel and its bouncy.

Is a genset like this considered hazardous material according LTL carriers? Will the people at the yard there load genset into back of LTL trailer?

Thanks for advice. Been reading here some but not much posting.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It can ship LTL as it is.

They load LTL freight all the time there. My LTL carriers are showing around $325 to a terminal or business for delivery

Last edited:

4WD

It can ship LTL as it is.

They load LTL freight all the time there. My LTL carriers are showing around $325 to a terminal or business for delivery
I assume you just use carriers web site to book it. Can you recommend one.

R&L we use from time to time at work & did good job.

There website app ask for freight class when booking it into there. Do you know what class it would be classed as.? Eric

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I assume you just use carriers web site to book it. Can you recommend one.

R&L we use from time to time at work & did good job.

There website app ask for freight class when booking it into there. Do you know what class it would be classed as.? Eric
I have an app that gives me about 15 different options. I do dimensional quotes

Freight class is L x W x H = total cubic feet.
Take the weight and divide it by the cubic feet to get your class.

4WD

I ended up with a class of 110 as I used unstack able so sight freight center web sight said 96 height. 1140 lbs 62" X 32" X 96"(actual 37") yields aprox 110. There sight said a calculated 92.5.

Freight center site wouldn't deliver instant quote said had to call.

Need to make this happen. Any suggestions on who/what to contact or app to use. Thanks again.

Edit... U ship gives me some quotes around 242 - 294 Southeastern, UPS and R&L. I could use one of those and VeriTread offers a fee based Direct Dispatch Service where they handle paperwork and say they help facilitate shipment.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks