• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gentrailer m116a3

2mas-

Hi,

I just won a gentrailer on ironplanet. It has a m116a3 trailer and mep 803a generator. Im planning to pick it up on a "car" trailer and my concerns are that the m116a3 is wider than my car trailer.

Do someone here have the measurement from outer tire to outer tire? It would be much appreciated

1586968248785.png

I think the TM says it is 81,5" but that is from the outer fender to outer fender

Thank you

Guyfang

Staff member
Maybe if you sat it on some wodden blocks. place the blocks farther in, to rest on the trailer. If not, you will damage the trailer. And do not forget, the fenders are wider then the wheel base.

2mas-

Maybe if you sat it on some wodden blocks. place the blocks farther in, to rest on the trailer. If not, you will damage the trailer. And do not forget, the fenders are wider then the wheel base.
Nice tip Guyfang. Thought of something like that myself. I'll guess that should be ok

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for fast reply :)

Is there some way to fit in on a trailer that is 72" wide or a car freighter that is 76"? Will removing tires help?
Maybe if it was an open platform trailer - or having removable sides? Because even if you pulled the tires/wheels, the WOA of the axle itself is still 79.3"

reset2

How far you need to tow? How are the cops in your area? I have been sucessfull for the times I pulled a trailer flat towing it with a light bar bolted on with c clamps. Most distance for me was 120 miles one way. Study the pictures and how the hitch is. Unless it is in disrepair the military's PMs should make it road worthy if the tires are not bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks