• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

German CUCV owner needs information

m1009SouthHessen

Hey there,

i drive a ´86 m1009 from the national guard illinois.

My front seats don´t lock at the "sitting" position.
the mechanic to swipe the co driver seat works, but the backrest isn´t locked.

It seems that a plastic part is broken or something like that. I can´t open the folding mechanism. Maybe i need a new one?

Anybody at the other side of the world knew this problem?

I´ve somebody is interessted how the big lady lives in germany..... --> https://www.instagram.com/chevy_m1009/?hl=de

Thanks and have a nice friday

Last edited:

90Jimmy

What do you mean doesn’t lock in the seating position? Like it falls back, or just folds forward? If it just folds forward I’m not sure it’s broken. Both of my trucks drivers seats fold forward by simply applying forward pressure on the seat back...Nothing holds or releases it.

m1009SouthHessen

sry for the long time of no posting....

my backrest didn´t lock

i thought the sits locked in sitting position, over a lever the seats get unlocked and slides forward

i mean this little black lever on the right side at the passenger side

cucvrus

Try removing it and giving it a thorough cleaning. Then look it over carefully. If you see nothing broken or evident of wear. I would lube it up with oil. Not spray lube. Real oil. Clean it again and dry it thoroughly see if that cures the ills. If not there are many of these mechanisms available. Even ones that recline the seat completely back. Report back with your findings. Good Luck.

m1009SouthHessen

thanks for the answer.....

i will clean it and report you, but i think there is something broken.

the problem about buying is the transport to germany. maybe the parts are cheap in the united states, but shipping and costum are very expensive

These Lever has at this time no function, i be sure it was working
v v v
IMG_20200107_164048677[1].jpg

At this driving position, the seat base is locked, but the backrest is loose and i think that isn´t correct
without pulling the lever the backrest is folding forward
v v v
IMG_20200107_164209210[1].jpg

Attachments

Another Ahab

thanks for the answer.....

i will clean it and report you, but i think there is something broken.

the problem about buying is the transport to germany. maybe the parts are cheap in the united states, but shipping and costum are very expensive
Wondering if someone here (in the U.S.) made the purchase and just mailed it to you, if all that Shipping/ Customs complication could be side-stepped?

The U.S. Mail is pretty much a bargain (mostly).

I don't know about all this though.

If you find a source, send me the cost and I'd be willing to mail it to you. Just an idea.

Guyfang

Staff member
Wondering if someone here (in the U.S.) made the purchase and just mailed it to you, if all that Shipping/ Customs complication could be side-stepped?

The U.S. Mail is pretty much a bargain (mostly).

I don't know about all this though.

If you find a source, send me the cost and I'd be willing to mail it to you. Just an idea.

Far be for me to encourage the under paying of the Government, but what I MIGHT have seen is something like Ahab is talking about. What someone close to me might have done is when he filled out the customs tag for the package, was to under value the contents. If, (and no, they do not open everything) and when customs opens the package, they have no idea what the part MIGHT have cost, or is worth. If it were a LEGO tech set, yes they can look it up and see what its worth. But some part like you want, well, they cant look it up. If you asked me, I might say the thing is worth about 10 dollars.

No, there is NO way to side step customs. Any and all packages WILL got to customs, (Zoll) and they decide if they want to open it or not. They decide if they need to charge you taxes, according to the worth written on the customs tag, and or, if they open it because they think you are telling a fib. I have to go to Zoll every month.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks