• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL ads are back

KsM715

Im glad to see them back too, but its gonna make it hard not to discuss or ask questions about a listed or active auction when the pictures are right there.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started a thread on the same subject but just noticed you beat me by about 5 min :-D. I saved the mods some hassle and deleted mine.

I kind of have mixed feelings on the adds. I know the site can use the money but I noticed last time they were here the trucks in the adds seem to bring a premium. When they were here last time I hated to see a truck I was watching show up on the ad.

KsM715

we shall see. I have a question, are we not supposed to talk about anything listed on GL or just the auctions that are open for bids? Open for bids I can understand (kinda) but Ive seen alot of people asking about stuff thats coming up for auction but not open for bids yet. Ive been reprimaned for that, not from mods but from some one here that obviously has a lot of time and is well known on this site.

papercu

I never notice they was there and had to look twice to even notice what the post was about. Wayne

Last edited:

MilitaryRestoration

you can beat around the bush but do not say where it's where abouts are, what site it is from, or show any pictures that may or may not lead to where it is... I've had three bid items posted on here in the last month or so that weren't being bidded on until someone posts something about them... all too ironic. Best bet is to just keep it to yourself

mangus580

Advertised items are NO exception to the rule. We are NOT to talk about any Auctions that are active... no way, no shape, no form.

Real Simple.

KsM715

you can beat around the bush but do not say where it's where abouts are, what site it is from, or show any pictures that may or may not lead to where it is... I've had three bid items posted on here in the last month or so that weren't being bidded on until someone posts something about them... all too ironic. Best bet is to just keep it to yourself
I just dont understand why its just GL and not ebay or other online auctions.

I understand that on GL it does drive the prices up but doesnt that do the same thing on ebay? nobody seems to get all pissy about items on there.

Like I said Ive learned my lesson and will just keep my mouth shut but Im saying with new members signing up every day and the GL add right there your gonna start seeing new guys asking about stuff all the time.

mangus580

I just dont understand why its just GL and not ebay or other online auctions.

I understand that on GL it does drive the prices up but doesnt that do the same thing on ebay? nobody seems to get all pissy about items on there.
I agree... I didnt make the rule though...

Like I said Ive learned my lesson and will just keep my mouth shut but Im saying with new members signing up every day and the GL add right there your gonna start seeing new guys asking about stuff all the time.
They have to read the same rules you did....

KsM715

Mangus580, active as in open for bid? so if an Item is listed on GL but not open for bid yet its ok to ask "whats this for" or "does this fit".

mangus580

Active as in has not closed... so upcoming and open for bid.

If you need to ask questions about items... just post the pictures, and nothing about where it came from, where it is, or any thing that could elude to where it is.

papercu

The way I read it is ALL auctions. While G/L and GSA names are used I think it was meant only as a example and even then some of their auction can be posted. Wayne

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• No collusion as specified above.

KsM715

The way I read it is ALL auctions. While G/L and GSA names are used I think it was meant only as a example and even then some of their auction can be posted. Wayne

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• No collusion as specified above.
cant be all auctions. we have a forum dedicated to member and non-member ebay auctions. thats specifically states post stuff you find while surfing here

papercu

we have a forum dedicated to
Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums. All my ebay auction are "Very unusual or interesting items" at least to me. :) We could take a poll for the other ebay sellers but I'll bet they would say the same thing about their's. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks