• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Deuce run without gauges?

Unforgiven

I've notices that many of the Deuces on GL are missing the gauges. Will missing any of these gauges prevent a Deuce from being driven?

What I mean is, if I were to win a GL auction for a gauge-less truck, would it make it home?

Or would it spit out oil, air etc from gauge connections that are no longer connected?

P.S. I think it should be illegal for GL to strip these trucks before they sell them. That's just plain dishonest.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Thats right SixSpeed !, also, if I remember correctly that the air pressure gauges or something like that blows air from the line as the trucks running, or maybe im thinking of something else.

DieselBob

:ditto: what SixSpeed said. I did come across a gentleman in a deuce on the side of the road a month or so back. The heater water shut off valve had broken washing down the engine with antifreeze. Anyway i believe he was heading to Rhode Island and no gauges at all. Had been removed by GL.

deuceman51

Sometimes they are freaked out by the "radium" gauges so rather than actually figure out the truck doesn't have them, they just take the entire cluster. I do have complete clusters also in case anybody needs them.

KsM715

It is not necessarily GL that pulls the guages.

I drove my Deuce home from OK to KS with no oil pressure registering on the guage. (bad ground) Would I drive one with the whole cluster missing? Maybe, depending on how far and wether or not I had previoulsy driven the truck. Straight out of a GL lot? probably not.

Unforgiven

Thanks,

I figured as much.

I wonder what's better, bringing a set of gauges or bringing another Deuce and a tow bar? I haven't bid on anything. I'm just wondering "what if."

Jimma

I wouldnt drive it. I can just hear that air pressure buzzer never shutting off an driving you crazy. You also would never know your oil pressure or if you have any fuel. It would be really risky and maybe costly.

Chief_919

Driving off the lot in an seemingly intact vehicle that you don’t have registered, don’t know the true condition of, don’t know the history of, that you know was old enough or broken enough to be deemed unneeded by the military, was passed over by other groups who had the chance to get it for free, that you know was neglected or the last 6-12 months in the surplus system is a gamble at best, and in my opinion irresponsible to the public you share the road with and to our hobby.

Doing it with a vehicle you don’t have any gauges in would be outright idiocy, even more so in a vehicle with air brakes and no air pressure gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks