• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Jump starting.....

K10A

It worries me when it says they tried to jump a vehicle but it also lists all fluids drained. What the ???:cookoo:

Oh and who is buying all the ammo cans for stupid high prices? I mean really ?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Hopefully it didn't do much damage if they failed to start it. Now, if it says they got it running with the fluids drained, maybe I'd bid on a different truck!

Bighurt

They may have tried to jump it before they drained the fluids and listed both on the ad.

Certain ammo cans, popular sizes go for more. When you are talking hundreds, and most people seam to buy on GL like it's retail, the prices make sense. Personally I usually bid $1-3 per container as my max... I have never won an ammo can lot.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is a lot of new ammo being sold through discount dealers that are putting it in used ammo cans for shipment and storage.

In my opinion it is not the price they are selling for.......it's how long you will have to hold them and schelping them from rally to rally to try to pimp them off.

K10A

Does GL even drain the fluids? I highly doubt it. The mk48s I looked at last week had been drained and to me it looked like usmc had done it.

I won a couple pallets a few years ago, at a much lower price than they are going for these days.

They are a slow seller but they sell themselves.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH YEAH, some places drain fluids. Ask me how I know. Only thing the listing said was ... "missing batteries" aua

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Draining of fluids depends on the environmental Nazis of the state the GL location is in.

I have never had fluids drained from any truck I picked up in MS, AL, TN, AR, SC or GA.

Seems to be in NC and CA where most of them are drained.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks