• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Warm-up

captcarc

I have a nice '86 HMMWV driven regularly with only 9,000 miles. I drove it yesterday and it was fine. Today, the WAIT light won't do out and it will only turn over and not start even after waiting a couple of minutes. It's 65 degrees out so I'd think it would start anyway but... Thoughts? Thank you very much?

Hummer Guy

I have a nice '86 HMMWV driven regularly with only 9,000 miles. I drove it yesterday and it was fine. Today, the WAIT light won't do out and it will only turn over and not start even after waiting a couple of minutes. It's 65 degrees out so I'd think it would start anyway but... Thoughts? Thank you very much?
It seems like you most likely have a bad smart start box, its more than likely that it fried your glow plugs. You should test your smart box and see if that's the issue. This is a pretty good video on how to test it

I'll definitely change the glow plugs too, but don't make an attempt to start it until you know your smart box is good or until you get another one. A bad smart box would fry your glow plugs pretty quick, even if its new plugs

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until you have a good starter box, do not hook up the glow plugs. You will only blow them out again. If you replace them, which you should, do not make the electrical connections. Not until you have a new control box

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks