Gmc 302

msgjd

how far are you willing to go to pick up? I know of three complete engines, two were runners, in Hebron NY (an hour NE of Albany)

GmcRuss

On a map Hebron is 4hr 35 min from where i am. Thats a bit of haul but for the right buy its not out of the question either. Id need some more specifics first though. Any idea on mileage, years, casting numbers, overall condition and price? Are these still in a truck able to hear run?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a “wet pull” 302 with hydramatic attached, hasn’t run in 40 years (core). Sure you can find a closer better one to you.
Random thoughts: the mil 302 has the front motor mounts cast into the side of the block as opposed to the front timing gear plate on the civ. The mil 302 does not have provisions for a mechanical fuel pump. Civ 302s are very scarce these days.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what you mean by “wet pull” flooded? Or you mean running when pulled 40 yrs ago? Any ways how much $ and how far is it?
Wet pull means the power pack was removed from the truck will the radiator attached and all fluids undrained.
This engine is located in Texas so like I said, you are very likely to find one much closer and in better shape.

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
Hey there msgjd any word on the 3 engines in hebron ny? Any prices? Or other info found?
You might try sending a Private Message to msgjd

That way you guys can exchange phone numbers and talk price. Just click on his name, then click on "START CONVERSATION"
Screen Capture below is what I am talking about...

1637902642313.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks