• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going price on feild stoves?

EO2NMCB

Yes DH i did search, found a good thread about the M1959 field stoves that was very useful. Did not find any info pertaining to going prices, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 5 or 6 in OKC. No pots or utensils. I'll make you a deal on them. Send me a PM

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I paid attention to their prices they were going for about $100 each, but that was 10 or 12 years ago.

rlwm211

I just picked up a 1941 Type II stove at Redball's Jim Thorpe Swap meet with all the pieces and parts for $125. I got this to use in my GP Small tent. I have not had time to try it out yet.
This is the round stove.

The 1959 is the rectangular box stove that operates pretty much in the same manner.

I have the TM (PDF) if you need it for the Stove BTW.

EO2NMCB

Thanks Cjcottrill, I'm looking for the M1959 stove. I found one close on CL, but the seller wants 400.00 for it, just a little too much.

cjcottrill

My bad, the M1959 field range. The local surplus shop had one two weeks ago when I was there. They are going out of buisness the end of the month and have been reducing prices. It's still unreasonably high, I seem to recall 600.00. I'll stop in at the last minute and see what deals are left.

rlwm211

I apologize also as I thought it was a field stove or heater you were looking for.

I knew of a few for sale last year in the summer in Connecticutt if I am not mistaken. That is a pretty long distance from you and I am not real sure how affordable it would be to ship one to IL.

If I come accross one I will let you know.

Vintage iron

When I bought my house it came three Artic stove new in the box. The kind that folds up into itself and you can burn feul in them too. I sold them for $20. buck each! aua This was before I caught the OD bug!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M-59 field range with all accessories is worth $400, delivered. That's with two big pots (10 and 15 gallon), the cradle and their lids, two baking sheets, the square roasting pan and lid, the knives (6) and the utensils (15+). I've gotten them for as little as $100 each from GL (2 to 4 in a lot).

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one from a private party for $200.00. I think he paid $150 from GL but he went 200 miles and got it. Make sure it is complete as SCSG-G4 states. I have seen a number at GL that had been robbed of parts and accessories, imagine that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks