• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to be parting out 2 M139 Bridge trucks

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note to Mods: I am going to post a classified ad when I actually have parts removed from the truck. This is just an info thread.

We have 2 M139 Bridge trucks sitting in our yard that are at risk. When scrap goes up, their future will be uncertain. I have decided to try to pull lighter weight parts off the truck including but not limited to cab parts, small exterior fittings, and any small stuff I can pull out of the engine compartment before it is too late.

Only stuff that I can get off with a screw drivers, some wrenches, WD40, a socket and a drill will be removed for now. If it is rusted on I will try to drill out small screws and bolts but if I can not, it is staying on. The yard is quite a ways away from where the shop is so I do not have any heavy tools. Eventually we will probably remove bigger parts before they get scrapped (hood, bumper, winch, cab, hardtop.)

The trucks are 1 soft top truck (with no top but bows are still on) and one hard top truck. I will be pulling stuff off in assembles if I can and shipping them out that way if they fit in boxes (i.e. complete instrument panel, windshield glass, frame and hinges, etc.) One of the trucks had a few minor parts removed to keep the other going (Not sure which was which.)

If the weather holds I am hoping to get out to the yard tomorrow and get some parts off and post them on SS in the classified forum.

Also, the trucks can not be sold intact unless you want to pay for oversize permits and winch it out.

Thanks.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pics would be great. Do they have any of the flood lights behind the cab? I'd be interested in some of those.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I remember seeing them on atleast one of the trucks. If I can I am hoping to get some pics later today.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to reasons beyond our control, no parts will be removed this week from the trucks (OSHA). Sorry GIMP

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I have so far

Searchlights (Unknown quantity)

Anybody else need anything specific?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I went out on Friday to inspect the trucks. One of them has the BIGGEST BIG HIVE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! It had to be 20x20 inches big. I did not do much more inspecting on that truck :-x

On the other truck, it was in a little bit of better shape. The hardtop is intact but was bent in the center. Some little pieces were missing on the dash. I was hoping to get the grille of that day but did not have big enough wrenches.

Gimp, what do you want when you say you want the floodlights behind the cab? The long, vertical pole mount is welded to the bed, on top of the pole there is a smaller horitzontal that can be adjusted for angle of the light, and finally on top of that is the light itself. Do you want the vertical mount and light or just the light?

When I was out there I bought a small Polaroid Digital Camera to take pictures. I snapped pictures of both trucks and close up shots but when I got back home to upload the images, the card was corrupted :-x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks