• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my 5ton, have some questions

DeuceNewb

first off, rear springs. Can 105 trailer springs be used? I've got one I can use if it will take the weight.
if not, next choice would be deuce front springs in the hope that they wouldn't be as stiff and ride better than 5 ton front springs.
Also, I've heard people talk about rotating the brake cans to clear the springs, can somebody better explain that to me or provide a picture?

as far as the bed I plan on cutting it down and re using the stock one

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
No,you need front 5 ton springs,I have bobbed quite a few 5 tons,on the 939 series.You can loosen the brake cans and turn them a little,and repipe a couple of the air lines.

DeuceNewb

I won't be hauling other than a few people, and might tow my boat every now and then, it weighs 10,700 with a tongue weight near 1k. might also tow a car trailer with a 2k tongue load

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks