• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to Bordentown NJ on 2-4-09

OLDCHEV4X4

I'm going to Bordentown NJ next Wednesday 2-4-09.
Does anybody need anything looked at?
I am bringing home a M101A1 on a car trailer.

Randy

OLDCHEV4X4

My first GL purchase went well. No snags and Murphy didn't show up. My M101A1 is in decent shape. It has brand new, still has the tits, tires on it. The hand brakes work. I could have towed it home, but just to play it safe, i winched it onto my car trailer. No extra's in the back except for some kind of a jack handle, i think. Its green, about 18" long, 1/2 in diameter and has a ball detent on one end. The trailer also has stickers on it from Camp Victory Kuwait!

HeadWizard, I didn't get your message in time. So didn't get to check out your M813A1. Sorry.

USCgmatt, your M101A1 is in the same shape as mine. All the tires had air and look new. I released the brakes and moved it back and forth and nothin is locked up. I think your good to go.

Moose53, your M101A1 has older NDT tires and your spare is there along with the racks. The tires had air, but i didn't check the spare. I didn't see a tarp. I released the brakes and tryed to move it back and forth, but the mud is thick where your's is parked. It did move a little under my power, but the racks and spare on the tongue made it hard to move in the mud. I think it will be ok to tow.

The green disease has started at Randy's house.

Randy

moose53

my EUC just cleared (8 days) so I'll be headed there next week to pick up my trailer, if anyone needs something checked on...

Jim

moose53

Thanks Randy

My route does go that way, main PA TP west, then PATP Ext north to Rt 81.

The trailer is only going about 8/10's of a mile when I pick it up, to our other house in Bordentown. It'll be there while I wait for the SF-97 so I can get tags for it here in NY. It'll come to NY in tow once its registered etc. Hopefully it'll make the trip ok. Did the overall condition of it look okay to you when you looked it over?

Jim

Mike_Pop

If anyone needs something hauled from Bordentown, let me know. I often spend time at a friend's house about five miles from there.

moose53

uscgmatt and moose53,
Did you guys ever get your trailers?
How did your recovery go?
no problems at all, trailer turned out to be better than I thought it would be. Still waiting for the SF-97 so I can get tags for it. I'm very pleased with the trailer. The GL guys were fantastic at the site.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks