• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good thing for hard tops!

jasonjc

A friend came over yesterday to cut down some dead trees for fire wood. Well one fell the wrong way and got stuck in another tree. No big deal hook a strap to the bottom and give a little pull right. You would think. Murphy most have been in NWA yesterday. Hooked up the M809 to the bottom of the tree to pull the it out and let it fall. Well instead of the bottom pulling out, the **** thing stood right back up and then fell the other way, right at ME!!! All I could do was duck. After the crash and I open my eyes and restarted my hart , I saw what was left of the tree right beside me on the ground. It bounced off the top and right down the driver side of the truck taking out the mirror frame, the mirror is OK , it broke the rivets off the brackets. But frame snap in half. A little bend to the tool rack and box but not bad.

After that , the next one I used a 150' cable. It was a 3/8" winch cable off a cheap electric winch. It was no match for a 5 ton and did not last long nor did the tow strap with a bad spot in it. Never jerked or spun a tire or got on the gas. The truck has a lot more grunt than you mite think.DSCN0307[1].jpgDSCN0306[1].jpgDSCN0308[1].jpg

saddamsnightmare

September 13th, 2015.

You're luck is phenomenal, as if it had hit further forward, I suspect the side rail of the cab roof had less strength then the corner, but now you're going to have to disassemble the cab roof to beat that dent out, and the center panel's NOT light in weight.

Good luck and use a much longer draft line next time...... You may have used one of your 9 lives already.:-?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks