• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a M274A5 (and put it in the Veterans' Day Parade)

CGarbee

I finally managed to get myself a Mule ('68 Bayfield M2745A5 last reworked at Ft. Campbell in 1981) along with a bunch of parts (like the four wheel steering conversion and a set of spare tires, ect.)

After installing a new fuel pump, changing oil, replacing a few air line rubber bits (all parts from Bill Watson, what a great guy), I managed to have the Mule participate in this year's Veterans' Day parade.

Photos are located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos46.htm

Eventually, I'll be putting together a dedicated Mule section on my website similar to what I have done for the rest of my Motor Pool...

Enjoy.

jasonjc

RE: Got a M274A5 (and put it in the Veterans

The mule is a neat I drove one in Gremany one of are contrat mechics had one and used it as a tug for the helicopter. Wish I had got it frome him befor he left.
And thats a great way to get the Huey in the parade.

CGarbee

Re: RE: Got a M274A5 (and put it in the Veterans

jasonjc said:
The mule is a neat I drove one in Gremany one of are contrat mechics had one and used it as a tug for the helicopter. Wish I had got it frome him befor he left.
And thats a great way to get the Huey in the parade.

The Mule really is a lot of fun, and folks crowded around it after the parade :)

The guys with the Huey also have a dustoff that they had in last year's parade and I have been talking to them about hauling it behind my M37 instead of using the civilian vehicles that they currently use. Not sure what happened to thier Loach as they have been known to provide it for the parade as well and I had expected to see it as well as the Huey this year.

This year's flyover was a pair of Apachees from the local Guard unit...

It is one of the good things about living where I do, but the population density is getting a bit thick (traffic has gotten bad enough that it can be a bit of a pain to get four trucks out of the yard onto the highway in front of the house in a timely manner these days...).

FrankUSMC

RE: Re: RE: Got a M274A5 (and put it in the Veterans

Garbee
I think the Loach was in the morehead City Parade. I seen it heading that way on Saturday.
When are you coming this way to talk me out of my mule parts?
One of the few, Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks