• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got me a brand new CUCV tonight with ZERO miles!!

unaffiliated

I knew that subject line would get ya! Actually i have the same truck, but now it has Zero miles! At least for a minute it did anyway. My truck turned over 100,000 miles tonight on the way home from a Patriot Guard Mission. I managed to get pictures while riding down the road. I know I shouldn't be taking pictures while driving but what the h%&*. I have pictures of the odometer in every vehicle I have ever owned that made it to 100,000 miles. I have two pictures of my old 78 Ford Van because it has over 200,000 miles. Well, I thought it was cool, so I had to post it. Can't wait to get another photo of my truck turning over the next 100K miles.

Attachments

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well now that you've posted this it will be difficult to sell it as a "Ridiculously Low Mile CUCV". I've got about 6k more miles before mine is "brand new".

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goes to show you take good care of your truck. I bet you change the oil every 3-4000 miles as well. Congrats.

unaffiliated

@islandguydon: Yes I do change the oil regularly, but I cant take the credit for it's longevity. It had 90K and some change on it when I got it.
@Goose: I took mine up to 75mph once just to see if she would do it. I only did it for a second and it sounded like it was going to explode so I wont be doing that again. It's 55 for me regardless of what other members say these trucks can do. I want to keep mine running. I like for all the internal parts to stay internal.
@Gottlos: I really don't plan to sell mine ever. I love it too much. I question some of the ridiculously low mileage trucks on GL anyway.
I'm just glad the pics came out good. It was already dark when I was headed home last night.

CycleJay

Unaffiliated,

Good to see that, gives me hope that mine can and will last that long with my help.

When I got mine, It had just over 63k original miles on it, now it has just about 69,8xxx?K
on it...

Good luck, good night,

CJ

jj

I took a picture of my 6.5 van when it rolled over 275,000 miles. I had to pull over and park though. Gonna make a tee shirt out of it, i think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks