• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my SF-97.. its a FL title !?!?!

paulfarber

So I but a truck in PA.

SF-97 is from Egland AFB, Florida... and its a FL title!

PLUS there is a goberment form about a Government title transfer.

Oh well... at least I have a title... should make getting a PA title that much easier.

mikey

Paul, did you get any acknowledgment during the process, or was it just submit it then it arrived? I've read that you usually receive no contact from the time you click submit until you get the title in the mail.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
From what I understand, some states do not recognize the sf-97 form as legal. GL sends them titles from Fl. This is the first time I have heard of getting an Az title.

Oasis-3

Every one I got from GL was a FL title.
The certificate to obtain title to a vehicle
should show a purchase price on it and when I get my titles I show them this and say that is what I paid for it. My first one showed $1.00 the second showed $17.77 :)

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paul, did you get any acknowledgment during the process, or was it just submit it then it arrived? I've read that you usually receive no contact from the time you click submit until you get the title in the mail.
Mine works hit sumit sf97 then you get some paper work and you just sign that and ship it back to GL then you get your FL title in mail.

area52

When I bought my first deuce back in 2001, I got an AZ title - several months later. This was pre SF-97 though. They just sent titles without you paying them any more extra.

paulfarber

I submitted for the SF-97 late Feb. The date on the FL Title is actually March 2nd, but I didn't get it in the mail till yesterday.

I didn't get any notice or have to sign anything other than the delivery notice.

I did have a quick online chat with GL around March 15th to ask where I was in the process (this was about 3 weeks after I submitted online) and the next week papers showed up.

The VIN numbers etc are all OK.

I think PA is gonna wack me $400 a year registration due to the weight class (18,500 GVW) so I may go right to historical plates.... it all depends on what the renewal fee is.

CLASS REGISTERED GROSS WEIGHT REGISTRATION FEE
ANNUAL/MONTH
7 17,001 - 21,000 355.50/29.63

Antique, Classic or Collectible 75.00 N/A
Registration (Permanent Fee)
Local State Farm agent quoted me $89 A YEAR(!) for insurance. I'm waiting for them to call me back... I don't see that as realistic.

Last edited:

mikey

Paul, I am absolutely going for the QQ antique plates in NJ. $44 to register. There are some limitations on those plates. Check in PA for any limitations there. I will not be doing any hauling except maybe to collect WMO or for some firewood, so I should be OK.

westfolk

Don't forget....as it stands in PA it does not matter what type of registration you run. If your vehicle has 3 axles they will hit you for not having an IFTA sticker.
Yes, the battle from last summer still continues regarding this issue. Rather than dealing with what IFTA is about they are reading just what is written in the law. No exceptions exist relating to type of registration. Dumb I know. Perhaps someday it'll get corrected to reflect reality, doubt it though.

I still get SF-97's for my stuff doesn't matter what state it's coming from.

paulfarber

How many people are getting IFTA fines?

A PA Non-IFTA sticker is $5 and paperwork is only due once a year (you still gotta show fuel /mileage) but the only other option is an IFTA sticker, quarterly (or monthly, I forget) filings but you get to go to all 50 states without the $50 (RIP OFF!) trip ticket.

Would I have to even pull over if a DOT inspector 'lit me up?'.

mikey

I was expecting Florida titles for my two deuces as most NJ members were receiving them from FL. I just received them from AZ. No concern to me, just wanted to point out that my first post in this thread was not 100% accurate.

Year Make Model Body style
1967 JEEP M35A2 PU
1970 JEEP M35A2 PU

Both VIN #'s correct.

I have to thank Jean Payton at GL for helping me get through the proper VIN #'s because the #'s I submitted from the frame did not match the GL description.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks