• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gov liquidation not nice people

Katch1

got a call today from a lady from GL, and wanted to know if I wanted to buy the title to my trailer I had bought in May! She said that they had noticed that Iowa is not the kind of state that recognised a bill of sale, how convienient. I was thinking about just telling the courthouse it was homemade, done it many times no prob., but I'll not have the exact title, and they only want another $55.00, when does the chiseling ever end?? :evil:

ktm380

I have a trailer that I'm having a hard time titleing. Looks like it is going to take alot of time to do. The $55 is a bit high, but at this point for me I think I would take the deal. Just to have the right title for it.
Many emails to GL and they keep telling me the samething "NO SR97!!!".

NEIOWA

Katch1 said:
got a call today from a lady from GL, and wanted to know if I wanted to buy the title to my trailer I had bought in May! She said that they had noticed that Iowa is not the kind of state that recognised a bill of sale, how convienient. I was thinking about just telling the courthouse it was homemade, done it many times no prob., but I'll not have the exact title, and they only want another $55.00, when does the chiseling ever end?? :evil:
I'd suggest contacting our worthless POS lib Attorney Gen Tom Miller. He/they seem to love shaking down "big business" for the benefit of the little guy. Might even get something don't. Certainly BS that they sell you a vehicle and the try to sell you the title seperately. What a load of ...

http://www.state.ia.us/government/ag/index.html

Dieselsmoke

ktm380 said:
I have a trailer that I'm having a hard time titleing. Looks like it is going to take alot of time to do. The $55 is a bit high, but at this point for me I think I would take the deal. Just to have the right title for it.
Many emails to GL and they keep telling me the samething "NO SR97!!!".
Unless things in CO have changed, titleing your trailer as a homebuilt is VERY easy 8)

ktm380

Yes, Home built is very easy I've done it many times. I would like to get the right title foe it.
The Bill of Sale that you print from GL would work if it had a Signature from GL or the Gov.!

dilvoy

Wow! That's dastardly and diabolical. That SF Form 97 was printed up by the DRMO before they even offered the vehicle to law enforcement and museums. That's way before GL was even in the picture and it can't be used without the associated vehicle if it has a vin number typed on it. For a while, GL was issuing Arizona titles with all of it's vehicular items. I guess that proved to be too much trouble so they went back to the form 97's. Katch1, was that $55 offer from GL or just their employee? :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks