• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet Title Issues

sd39u

Curious if anyone else has had issues getting their military vehicle title from the fine folks at Gov Planet? I have been waiting for 60 days and have called several times. No luck in speeding the process up.

Bad thing is...as of midnight...I'm illegal in KS since I'm only given 60 days of temp registration. Not a big issue since the truck is in the shop...but it could be a huge issue when I pick it up and possibly get pulled over.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its been 3 weeks today for mine. I called this morning and spoke to a rep. He checked and said it had been printed but not sent yet. Got an email notice about 7 hours later saying had been sent Fedex standard overnight and would be here monday.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I am thinking for GP to title a vehicle they need to first issue the SF97 then send that to DMV with the required documentation to request a "title only" be issued in the buyers name.

Hokie22

I purchased my truck at the end of February from GP, and received the title just about 1 week ago. So it took roughly 8 weeks start to finish.

Gunzy

Just picked up a truck Friday and on inspection at pickup found that GP had the S/N wrong. All their stuff said XXXXX852 and truck is actually XXXXX862. GP rep verified that it is the correct truck so called GP and the rep on the phone had me take pics of S/N and GP sticker and email them to them. Now we see if the SF97 I already paid for comes with correct number. This could be a CF.

gottaluvit

I need an actual title in Ohio and GP sent me a form to fill out because there was no year of the vehicle on the data plate and left it up to me to determine the year which I did from the emissions label, among other things like the fuel tank labels, spring shackles, etc. Well, I filled it out and scanned and sent back via email but the guy hasn't even replied with something as simple as "ok, I got the forms and will get the process rolling". I was told I have to pay for the title and no word on collecting the money or anything. Is this normal? Heck, I would like to be told it's time to pay up or something so I know the ball is actually rolling.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Call them. They have decent customer service. I recently recieved one of their Florida titles. It is titled to Gov Planet and then signed over to me.

two.fiveM35

How do you you get a SF97 from Govplanet? I bought 2 M105a2's and was never given the opportunity to get a SF97. Maybe I missed it. I got SF97's from the M105's I bought from govplanet.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an update on my SF97 from govplanet. The SF97 is actually assigned to iron Planet and they send a notarized form reassigning the SF97 to you. I found out today that Indiana does not recognize that re-assignment form and Gov planet won't send an SF97 with your name on it, so I am having them send me a Florida title for my M923. The cost for this is 150.00 (according to them they lose 1.50 on this transaction), but they are applying the 50.00 I paid for the SF97 to the cost of the title so I am not losing that at least. I wish they had told me all this up front as it would have saved me a month of waiting, but if in the end I get the title, all will be well.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You will get a Florida title in Govplanets name reassigned to you. Kind of ridiculous that your state is making you do that. What year vehicle is yours? I knew a guy in Indiana who would just print the auction and DMV would reg with that. Not too long ago.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will get a Florida title in Govplanets name reassigned to you. Kind of ridiculous that your state is making you do that. What year vehicle is yours? I knew a guy in Indiana who would just print the auction and DMV would reg with that. Not too long ago.
I believe it to be 1985.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You may have been fine with just a bill of sale from GP. Many states have specific statutes for vehicles purchased from the gov or a gov agency. Which your purchase is not. GP is a private company who purchased the item from the gov. None of the mil vehicles have any DMV history you will be the first registered owner. No continuity of ownership for DMV to look up.

gem1410

nj wiil not accept the form 97 either--only because gp is a registered used car dealer in florida and all the paperwork gp uses says their address is california-- only cost me an extra $100 on each of the 12 trucks I purchased--some states are easy but mine is tough--the florida title did work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks