• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP SF97 held hostage and Lies!!!!!!

TucsonVTXF

GP SF97 held hostage!!!!!!

Ordered SF97 6 weeks ago and at that time they said about 5 weeks due to the backlog and I said I understand and that's fine... At the end of 5 weeks and called for a status and was told they had received the SF97 the week before and was holding it waiting on me to call so they could offer a Florida title for 100.00 more because all of the title issues they have read on the internet.. They would get a Florida title in GOVPlanets name and then transfer it... I said no thank you just send the SF97.. a week goes by and no SF97. I called back and get the song and dance sorry don't know what to say etc its with the title dept so I ask to be transferred and get some one last Thursday and it was with the notary and they will send it out overnight and I will receive it Friday via FedEx well Friday I wait at home all day for FedEx to show and no FedEx!!!!! called back for a tracking number Friday afternoon and was told it wasn't sent and they would send it Saturday delivery and when it was sent I would get a tracking number in a email. no email was sent and no FedEx ever arrived.... if you aren't going to follow thru with something then don't promise anything, things take planning when waiting on an item that requires a adult signature!!!!!!!!! my rant!!!!!!

Last edited:

503m715

Ordered SF97 6 weeks ago and at that time they said about 5 weeks due to the backlog and I said I understand and that's fine... At the end of 5 weeks and called for a status and was told they had received the SF97 the week before and was holding it waiting on me to call so they could offer a Florida title for 100.00 more because all of the title issues they have read on the internet.. They would get a Florida title in GOVPlanets name and then transfer it... I said no thank you just send the SF97.. a week goes by and no SF97. I called back and get the song and dance sorry don't know what to say etc its with the title dept so I ask to be transferred and get some one last Thursday and it was with the notary and they will send it out overnight and I will receive it Friday via FedEx well Friday I wait at home all day for FedEx to show and no FedEx!!!!! called back for a tracking number Friday afternoon and was told it wasn't sent and they would send it Saturday delivery and when it was sent I would get a tracking number in a email. no email was sent and no FedEx ever arrived.... if you aren't going to follow thru with something then don't promise anything, things take planning when waiting on an item that requires a adult signature!!!!!!!!! my rant!!!!!!
It sounds like you are having the same luck I am. I did have a fedex truck show up today with my 4 sf97s. I should be thrilled. Two of the forms have the wrong year. I called and spoke with Kyle at gp customer service. I have to send them back to get corrected forms. UGH I took the form for the truck I am keeping to Oregon dept. of motor vehicles. I wish I had not. The lady ask me if her co workers were playing a joke on her. I asked why. She realized I was not part of a joke. She stated that the form is not valid because of the way it was filled out. They stamped off road use only at the top of the form, and where dates were required. It clearly states on the form no alterations or erasures, and that it must be machine printed by type writer, or computer printed. By stamping the off road only and dates, the form is void. By adding the offroad only to top, it is an alteration, so form is voided. Then where printed name is required, they are supposed to list their name and title. No title. She also noted the name GP used for odometer statement is different then iron/gov planet listed at top of sf97. She asked who they were and how do they relate to Govplanet. I dont have a clue. She also stated that info should only be typed in the boxes provided, not added to top.(off road only) She said they could have put it in the letter that comes with it.
Then there is the model. GP listed it as a m998 humvee. She asked what is a humvee? Is it like a HMMWV. I guess they dont like slang terms for model types. Then gp listed style as a HMMWV. She asked is this a suv, 2dr pickup, 4 dr pickup. I looked at her puzzled. ( she knew what it was a minute ago) She laughed and said she had spent 22 years in the Marine Corps. as a lawyer. Forms not filled out properly drive her crazy. She then said to send the form back and have it fixed.
I guess my point here is if it takes for ever and comes filled out correctly be happy. I have to start over now. UGH

Gunzy

I am STILL waiting for mine for an M1031 contact truck. Its been almost 8 weeks now since the auction closed and I paid. I have had 2 previous SF97s come to me with incorrect S/Ns on them and hope that whe I do see the one I'm waiting for it is correct. Ya, 8 weeks then get a bad one would have a tendacy to piss a guy off.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
It sounds like you are having the same luck I am. I did have a fedex truck show up today with my 4 sf97s. I should be thrilled. Two of the forms have the wrong year. I called and spoke with Kyle at gp customer service. I have to send them back to get corrected forms. UGH I took the form for the truck I am keeping to Oregon dept. of motor vehicles. I wish I had not. The lady ask me if her co workers were playing a joke on her. I asked why. She realized I was not part of a joke. She stated that the form is not valid because of the way it was filled out. They stamped off road use only at the top of the form, and where dates were required. It clearly states on the form no alterations or erasures, and that it must be machine printed by type writer, or computer printed. By stamping the off road only and dates, the form is void. By adding the offroad only to top, it is an alteration, so form is voided. Then where printed name is required, they are supposed to list their name and title. No title. She also noted the name GP used for odometer statement is different then iron/gov planet listed at top of sf97. She asked who they were and how do they relate to Govplanet. I dont have a clue. She also stated that info should only be typed in the boxes provided, not added to top.(off road only) She said they could have put it in the letter that comes with it.
Then there is the model. GP listed it as a m998 humvee. She asked what is a humvee? Is it like a HMMWV. I guess they dont like slang terms for model types. Then gp listed style as a HMMWV. She asked is this a suv, 2dr pickup, 4 dr pickup. I looked at her puzzled. ( she knew what it was a minute ago) She laughed and said she had spent 22 years in the Marine Corps. as a lawyer. Forms not filled out properly drive her crazy. She then said to send the form back and have it fixed.
I guess my point here is if it takes for ever and comes filled out correctly be happy. I have to start over now. UGH
All our valid points and most make sense. It never ceases to amaze me the discrepancies between one DMV to the next. Quite a few of these forms have gone through without issues looking exactly like the one you have/had. They are printed and stamped exactly how we were instructed...

503m715

Jwade, when I spoke with Kyle I did say that I could talk to 10 different people at dmv and get 10 different answers. I doubt many people that work at dmv ever see a sf97 or deal with the non standard vin. Two of my friends and I have purchased over 100 trucks over the last 4 years. We have found one dmv office close that is military vehicle friendly and usually have no problems there. The lady I spoke with this time is from the main office. Just my luck.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Jwade, when I spoke with Kyle I did say that I could talk to 10 different people at dmv and get 10 different answers. I doubt many people that work at dmv ever see a sf97 or deal with the non standard vin. Two of my friends and I have purchased over 100 trucks over the last 4 years. We have found one dmv office close that is military vehicle friendly and usually have no problems there. The lady I spoke with this time is from the main office. Just my luck.
I can tell you that I took the words Humvee off of the SF97's I printed today. However the body style is correct, its a HMMWV its not a truck or an SUV its in a class all of its own so at least I got her on that lol.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can tell you that I took the words Humvee off of the SF97's I printed today. However the body style is correct, its a HMMWV its not a truck or an SUV its in a class all of its own so at least I got her on that lol.[/QUOTEJ

JWade, this is not correct, the DMVs computer has choices for car, truck, etc, but not HMMWV. A HMMWV is a 1 1/4 ton truck.

503m715

I can tell you that I took the words Humvee off of the SF97's I printed today. However the body style is correct, its a HMMWV its not a truck or an SUV its in a class all of its own so at least I got her on that lol.[/QUOTEJ

JWade, this is not correct, the DMVs computer has choices for car, truck, etc, but not HMMWV. A HMMWV is a 1 1/4 ton truck.
I was told by the lady at dmv that it is a 4x4 utility. The HMMWV is not a choice in their system.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
No, when we could get a SF-97 within a couple of weeks.
I agree there is no excuse. I was made aware of one today someone has been waiting since February. That is RIDICULOUS and not ever acceptable. Part of my job description is to help develop and fix systems. I have only been here since April and there has been a lot to do. This has my attention. I am hoping we can fix this. I am glad to look into any that have taken way to long just send me a PM with the item number and I will do the best I can

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
So starting next week we are moving the sf97 process from our CA office which handles the titling for all of our companies truckPlanet, IronPlanet, Cat auction services, kruse energy service and GP to Fort Worth. So what this does is let the SF97's be completely handled for GP alone by our team. This should speed up the process significantly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks