• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green Disease m1009

Varyag

I did it, a new member to the herd. I am going up on Friday morning to pick her up barring anything catastrophic. I can't believe I found a completely rust free one for as little as I did.

It has been completely serviced, new injector pump, new injectors, glow plugs, 12v conversion, new starter, new interior (black) all upper gaskets replaced, new filter system with water separator, all antenna mounts and an extra set of rims.

He installed a radio and an XM receiver that is more then likely going to go on my fj40.

Now I finally have something other then my deuce to put my mt1029 into that has been collecting dust in my garage.

And I thought the Deuce and the 105 would hold me off rofl

Attachments

Varyag

I am going to repaint this in 383 this spring. It is already too cold here to respray it.

I am thinking the only mod I am going to do is adding AC at some point.

Varyag

So I got her home and it just runs like a champ. Starts right up even though it is freezing outside.

However, it had a really nasty exhaust leak comming into the cab. I had a bad hangover by the time I got home on Friday. I just assumed bad exhaust manifold gaskets and ordered some because there was no obvious leak and the whole system looked fine.

I get it in the garage tonight and pull off the manifolds and there is NO gasket in there. No wonder it was leaking and the bolts were about 3 times what they should have been torqued to. I cut a box end wrench in half and used my jack handle as a cheater pipe to break them loose.

Is this normal for a CUCV? The GM service manual for a 6.2 blazer has the gasket in there.

WARWAG

Congrats on your new Steel Soldier! I really like the M1009. As far as the exhaust manifold gasket who knows who has been butchering her since she left
Military service. Poor girl has probably man handled by some Obama voter for all we know. :shock: Now she is in good hands!

WARWAG

Congrats on your new Steel Soldier! I really like the M1009. As far as the exhaust manifold gasket who knows who has been butchering her since she left
Military service. Poor girl has probably man handled by some Obama voter for all we know. :shock: Now she is in good hands!

Varyag

Took the 1009 out in its first real snow. We only got a few inches but it froze all the roads solid with ice. Me and a friend were coming back from the town next door and took a back road to avoid the main road that was blocked with multiple pileups. We came around a curve end ended up in the middle of an on-going pileup that started with a sentra that went sideways in a ditch. The car behind it hit the sentra a pickup went sideways behind it and a different car went sideways behind it with a different car going off in a different direction.

We stopped in time but the car behind us slid. I moved forward so it wouldn't hit me and it went into the ditch behind us. Then a different car went in behind it and then yet a different car went in behind it. We where stopped in the middle of this mess when we just started sliding sideways and came to rest against the original sentra. My driver's side tire got lodged against the rear fender of the sentra that was in the ditch already.

It took the police about 45 min to get there in a 2wd (lol) interceptor pickup and started taking info. the ground was so icy that everyone who got out of their cars started sliding into the ditch including the cops. I was hanging onto the brush guard of the 1009 and one arm caught a girl about to drop into the ditch with the sentra.

It took about and hour to get the mess sorted out. The tow truck that was pulling everyone apart slid across the road and almost ended up in the ditch behind my truck. We got uncoupled and had to wait for the police to move his rig which promptly spun 90 into the ditch in front of us. Everyone laughed.

The 1009 didn't get hurt at all but the tow truck driver ripped the fender off the sentra getting us off of it. Me and my buddy sanded down the whole turn while we were waiting which allowed the tow truck to operate. A fun night.

After that I dropped off my friend and went home.

Pic is of us just before getting pulled apart. Since we were in the middle of the mess we were the last to get helped.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks