• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green_Radio_Fans Yahoogroup

wa1tej

Hi

I started this as a forum for all aspects of military surplus commo gear, including buying, selling & trading. You can find it at Green_Radio_Fans@yahoogroups.

All are welcome!

Jack

wa1tej

emmado22 said:
link didnt work for me... Are you into SINCGARS stuff?
Hmm. Link should work. Go to Yahoogroups & search for that Group name.

No info on SINCGARS stuff. If it were available it would be demilled + expensive = pricey doorstop!

I have clean, working VRC-12-series radios & accessories: complete radio sets VRC-46, -47, -48, -49, -54, -64, VIC-1. RT-524s & R-442s with mounts, cables & antennas. All new paint + 100% operational No crypto or SINCGARS stuff.

Jack

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, the PRC-119 and other SINCGARS units are now being surplussed out, sans the encryption module. About 1,000 units were sold off last year through a government agency (not DoD) without the module, to allow use by civilian radio operators without breaking any laws. Current surplus market value of a PRC-119 is about $2,500 in good shape.

wa1tej

maddawg308 said:
Actually, the PRC-119 and other SINCGARS units are now being surplussed out, sans the encryption module. About 1,000 units were sold off last year through a government agency (not DoD) without the module, to allow use by civilian radio operators without breaking any laws. Current surplus market value of a PRC-119 is about $2,500 in good shape.
Thanks! Learn something new every day. Good news for guys restoring late model vehicles but I found none on the Internet, even at the big time surplus dealers.

My radio systems are for vehicles in the time frame 1965-1990 that used the VRC-12-family.

Jack :roll:

wa1tej

emmado22 said:
Murphy's surplus has them, both NON ICOM(100% working) and ICOM(missing the COMSEC module)
I got this email from Mike this AM:

JACK:

FED LAW FORBIDS ADVERTISING THEM OUTSIDE THE USA .

I HAVE RT-1439/VRC READY TO USE WITH ACC. $2800
If you gotta have it, there it is. But complete VRC-46, -47, -48 & -64 systems with accessories, new paint, antenna & cables go for less than half that figure.

Mike's a nice guy. I've bought from him in the past (PRC-68B(V1) & I've been to his shop in Cajon. I didn't see him at the Dayton Hamvention this year. That fine institution has slipped sadly, likely due to a combination of the Internet, eBay & the Old Timers getting too old to attend. I only scored an antique R-54/APR-4 EW radar receiver for an overseas collector client & a demilled PRC-77 (the one I have on eBay at the moment, item #270001034401).

Jack :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks