• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings From Central Texas

Roboskid

Hello everyone from Round Rock. New to the forum finally registered after checking this wonderful site out. I have been a LEO for over 28 years and am about to retire in 10 months. I also served 15 years in the TXARNG. Enlisted in 1980 while still in H.S. I have always been interested in MV hobby. Have had dreams of finding a 151 or a CUCV Truck, Blazer or Ambulance. Will probably start with a CUCV to keep me busy when I retire. I hope to get to know fellow Central Texas MV enthusiasts.

I have been wondering what I will do with my time after I retire and believe I have found the answer here. Look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Howdy Yall
Sid

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! You missed a chance at a M1010 CUCV ambulance by about 6 weeks. I sold mine to a museum in Iowa just before Thanksgiving.

There's a big Steel Soldiers contingent in the Austin area including members of the Austin PD. The Lonestar MVPA also meets monthly at the Camp Mabry Museum (you missed the Christmas Party last Wed) and there will be a large gathering there with lots of vehicles for Muster in April. Another big event is the Temple Air Show the 1st weekend in May.

Central TX is a beehive of active in the MV world so you picked the right place for the hobby.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

As mentioned above, there are quite a few of us in the area, and we have an active local group. For example, we had several no-shows (all with good excuses) for the Veterans Day parade in November so we only had 22 vehicles!

Lone Star MVPA - Welcome!

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

As mentioned above, there are quite a few of us in the area, and we have an active local group. For example, we had several no-shows (all with good excuses) for the Veterans Day parade in November so we only had 22 vehicles!

Lone Star MVPA - Welcome!

Cheers
Why is it every time I got to the Lone Star site the "featured" vehicle is one of yours? Who are you bribing? Of course the one they have for me under "Member Vehicles" isn't mine any more.

Darwin T

Welcome from South East Texas. great site lots of intel and your sure to find a MV to fit your wants and desires. just watch out, if you check most of the guys on here one is just the begining. welcome to the "Green Iron Disease"

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you aboard, Sid :-D Find a buonk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Be sure to go to the Member Map (from pull-down RESOURCES above on each page) and peg your location.

W E L C O M E :beer:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is it every time I got to the Lone Star site the "featured" vehicle is one of yours? Who are you bribing?
I'm bribing Rick, of course! :twisted:

The current vehicle isn't mine, though the driver is, sort of. It is my oldest son and "his" truck that the Marines have given him to drive, MKR-16 25-ton tractor. He is the only one in his unit rated to drive it. I took the picture when I was out visiting him and he gave me a tour of his unit's motor pool (combat engineers). They have some really cool toys!

And I am pleased to find out the author of this thread is not just Sid, but SID!! I know you! :beer:

Cheers

reloader64

Welcome from suburban Liberty Hill. Looking forward to meeting you. There will be many opportunities, as there are many events you can attend or participate in.

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks