• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSC Cobra seat installed!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is it just decorative? If so try searching for Nut caps?
It's not decorative in this use. It fits over the nut, making it a little wider, so that when it's sitting in the seat track it fits more closely. This lets the seat track act as the "wrench" to hold the nut, while you install the bolt.

From the looks of the part, they just seem much more of a bulk-manufactured thing than something special for seat installations. I spent a good hour searching all kinds of stuff (e.g. "nut shield", "nut guard", "nut washer", "hex head spacer", etc.) but didn't see a single picture of anything similar. I figured they might have a specific name, similar to how "binders posts" / "Chicago screws" do (try searching for those without knowing what they are called... "hollow screws", "reverse screws", etc. and you'll have a similar problem.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found them
Very clever. So they are a "push nut" for a larger size screw, that just happens to fit over this regular 5/16" nut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks