• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guys I really made a boo-boo -warning carnage!

jrou111

It has NOT been a good day! :evil:

I went to go fishing this morning, but on the way to the lake I got stuck, slid down a hill and got a tree wedged between the bumper and the fender. I broke the drag link and bent the knuckle boot cover! :cry: Trashed the driver's fender, tool box, mirror, and a bunch of other stuff. :oops::cry:

So I called a buddy and he came and took me back to the house to 'borrow' the drag link from the other deuce. Got the part and headed back to the truck. Some people had been snooping in it. :evil:

Went to take the broken link off and one of the screws(the last one of course) WOULD NOT COME OUT! :evil:

I had to leave it in the woods tonight, who knows what the rednecks around her are going to do to it! :cry:

I did take the batteries and anything else I could out. :|

I'm going to go back first thing in the morning with a generator, plasma cutter, hacksaws, sawzall, my angle grinders, etc. That drag link is COMING OFF! :twisted:

And to top it off I'm sick with a cold and feel like I'm running @about 40-60%

Pics:

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
YOUCH!When you called me I didn't think it was THAT bad.....You did a number on that truck....Ewwww.When you get it back home check the knuckle bolts and everything on the front end.That was a heck of a lick!

EZFEED

Wow James :( Now I feel bad for scrapping the fender I had, I would have given it to you for free. :cry:

Thats terrible bud but I must say that, that fender looks kinda neat like that. How fast were you going? Are you able to back it out?

TaylorTradingCo

Ouch!:roll: I hate that for you.:cry: I had to leave my Toyota in the woods a few times back when I was younger and did such things and it wasn't fun, but it was always still there when I went back. I am sure yours will be too.:-D

Sorry about all of the smiley faces, but my little girl is looking over my shoulder and asking what those smiley faces are for, so I had to show her.

Don't worry about it too much. Good thing is parts are plentiful and cheap. I have everything you need. I am up near Chattanooga, about 2-3 hours away. There is another SS guy from Birmingham coming up soon to buy some trailer side boards, you might could ride with him. Let me know if you're interested and I will look up his name for you.

Derek Taylor

benni72

no to sound like a wise a#$ but why didn't you just cut the tree? maybe that round thing on the front of your rig with the wire on it would have worked too. been in a similar jam and manage to get myself out by cutting a few small trees and slid right out no problem. spared my pride as well!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did ya catch any fish?

jrou111

Really appreciate the kind words folks. Like the South she will rise again! :-D

I brought the chainsaw out and got the trees cut down. I think once I get the link off I should be able to drive out. (Hopefully :|) I might be able to justify to the wife to buy another winch truck and use this one for parts now :)

BTW, the knuckle boot is slightly torn, will I be able to make it 15 miles back home?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Torn boot will make it home ok. The draglink should come apart easy. Torch yours off if you need to or even use a hacksaw, Just dont cut the ball inside. It should only take about 10 minutes to change the draglink.

jrou111

no to sound like a wise a#$ but why didn't you just cut the tree? maybe that round thing on the front of your rig with the wire on it would have worked too. been in a similar jam and manage to get myself out by cutting a few small trees and slid right out no problem. spared my pride as well!
Winch has a broken engagement lever on the front. :roll:

My wife is unable to drive due to a seizure back in Dec., my friends were all out of town, and I was alone in the woods. If I had not panicked as much as I did, I could have probably just saved myself from a lot of damage. But I got a little scared, and it's all hindsight now. If I had slowed down (I was in a hurry to fish) I could have realized that there was a bypass trail which would have saved me alot of headache too. :cry::oops:

jrou111

Torn boot will make it home ok. The draglink should come apart easy. Torch yours off if you need to or even use a hacksaw, Just dont cut the ball inside. It should only take about 10 minutes to change the draglink.
It came off the other truck in 45 seconds. I torched the stuck on, pb blasted it, smacked it with a hammer... no dice. :cry:

Hoping the plasma cutter or the angle grinder will be the ticket tommow.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It came off the other truck in 45 seconds. I torched the stuck on, pb blasted it, smacked it with a hammer... no dice. :cry:

Hoping the plasma cutter or the angle grinder will be the ticket tommow.
The thread title pulled me in. I couldn't not look....

Looks like you got some good 'ole metal hammering to do when you get her home. Hope you feel better tomorrow when you go get her.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks