• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HAARP and the Space Fence

RangerBob

In my current job I tend to get around. A few years ago it took me to the USAF Space Fence receiving station near Elephant Butte, NM. And last month I ended up at HAARP near Gakona, AK. So I thought you Pingers and BEEPs out there might like to see a few pictures of some really big antennas (uh, yeah, my antenna IS bigger than yours ;)).
First up, the Space Fence. To get to it I had to go through Ted Turners southern NM ranch. I believe his ranch is the only place you can pay (big bucks) to hunt wild Oryx. Normally Oryx hunting in the state is through a once-in-a-lifetime-time lottery. He also raises buffalo, but I'm not sure if hunting those is allowed. More on the fence here...

Fence Map.jpgGate.JPGEast View.jpgOryx.jpgBuffalo.jpg

Now for HAARP. Sorry, I didn't take very many pictures as I had to be in and out in a few hours, but I got at least one that showed part of the array, and I added a couple of public domain ones (first and last). The fourth picture is my little work area. Hint, there are electronicalmalogical thingies inside.:whistle: More on HAARP here..

High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program_site.jpgMain Gate.jpgAntenna Array.jpgShelter.jpgHAARP20l.jpg

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAARP, isn't that where the nut job Jesse Ventura did his TV show Conspiracy Theory? I found out that being a member of Infragard I get to shoot people (per his show).

Thank you for your service Jesse but please go quietly into that good night.

My current employer actually does some stuff with HAARP. Cool pics.

RangerBob

Yup, he tried to get in, but was denied. If he'd just waited for their annual open house and gone in quietly!:tin hat: The day I was there was their last day of operation. They are closed indefinitely due to lack of funding. There is a small experiment that will be done there later in the year, and they will temporarily open the gate and turn on the lights for that, but there's nothing else currently on the horizon long-term.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That might be why I have not heard from our group that was working with them. ;-)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We understood Haarp sold this this spring and it's good to see someone getting wages out of it still. If it's in private hands it would be interesting to know if things are still kept 'secret'. Cool Adventures Ranger Bob, it's great coming with you to see this stuff and not leave my house. Made it to Dawson for the ALCAN send off but your Alaska adventure is on my bucket list.

Thanks for the pics.

RangerBob

HAARP hasn't sold, but it is changing contractors...that is if it ever reopens. And there aren't too many secrets there, either. The main reason it has all of the big scary fences and signs is because the land is 'owned' by the USAF. But most of what goes on there is just atmospheric research performed by a bunch of universities.

I was in Dawson about two weeks ago. Stayed in one of the wall tents at the Whitehouse while traveling to and from Inuvik/Paulatuk. There were nicer places in town, but I chose to stay at the Whitehouse just because I had USGov plates. On the way back I was lucky enough to catch the Dempster road closure and a Peel River ferry outage. Oh joy, three nights in the cab of the truck. Then another at the border crossing since I got there about an hour after it closed. I get to do it again this weekend.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm envious of your travel!!!!! Thanks for posting. I got to peek past the front gate at HAARP a couple of years ago.

With HAARP shut down, the late night shows will have nothing on which to blame every weather event and loony human action.......mind control !!.....

Bob

papakb

Haarp

What HAM wouldn't give a left apendage for a 3.6 MW antenna and transmitter!! I'm waiting for it to come up on Government Liquidation. Interestingly there are several of these sites around the world and some of them are in the former Soviet Union! There are some great Australian sites with pictures of "fringe patterns" in the clouds. Speculation is they were due to HAARP. You Tube has removed almost every video associated with a HAARP search. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if some three letter agency didn't have a hand (or something else) in that!

Kurt

KG6KMJ

Last edited:

RangerBob

Would make a pretty awesome moon bounce (E-M-E, not the bouncy castle)! But you can't bid; your ticket has expired. :whistle:

Meanwhile, speaking of three letter agencies, I have recently started to get a bit of grief over the fist two letters of my govt plates, especially while driving around Canada last month... ;-)

CIMG0082.jpg

Last edited:

RangerBob

Good news...HAARP has found new funding. They should reopen in about a week. I stopped by there about a week ago and found a small generator running next to the main entrance. Inside I found two glowing faces behind a dim desk lamp in the middle of a large dark control room. They were the facility manager and the HAARP program manager from the AFRL at Kirtland AFB, Dr. Keeney. They gave me the good news. Then I went about my business looking at alternative power options in case they shut down again. It was a nice day for a picture.

haarpie.jpg

More info from the ARRL on the previous funding scare...

http://www.arrl.org/news/haarp-facility-shuts-down

Ha! In an earlier post I mentioned what a great E-M-E site it would make. From the article above, they did just that!

"The ultra-high power facility long has intrigued hams, even outside of Alaska. In 1997, HAARP transmitted test signals on HF (3.4 MHz and 6.99 MHz) and solicited reports from hams and short-wave listeners in the “Lower 48” to determine how well the HAARP transmissions could be heard to the south. In 2007 HAARP succeeded in bouncing a 40 meter signal off the moon. Earlier this year, HAARP scientists successfully produced a sustained high-density plasma cloud in Earth’s upper atmosphere."

Last edited:

RangerBob

Secret weapon? :cookoo:

Secret Weapon? Conspiracy Theories Abound as US Military Closes HAARP

By Stephanie Pappas, Senior Writer 13 hours ago

The U.S. Air Force has notified Congress that it intends to shut down HAARP, a controversial Alaska-based research facility that studies an energetic and active region of the upper atmosphere.

Conspiracy theorists are abuzz about the news, given that HAARP (short for High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) has long been the center of wild speculation that the program is designed to control the weather — or worse. In 2010, Venezuelan leader Huge Chavez claimed that HAARP or a program like it triggered the Haiti earthquake.

For the record, the Haitian quake of 2010 was caused by the slippage of a previously unmapped fault along the border of the Caribbean and North American tectonic plates.

Full story...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks