• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halflinger ?

Bill W

I ran across one of these little brothers to the Pinz thats for sale, any idea how hard/expensive parts are to come by. After I sold my Ferret I said no more foriegn vehicles and I said it again after I bought/sold my Land rover lightweight ( see a pattern here ) but I was just curious:roll:

rmgill

They're like Pinz's but smaller and just as capable. Somewhere between a Mule and a Pinz in size. You could fit it in the bed of your deuce.

Capt.Marion

I know Swiss Military Vehicles or whatever they're called out in Fayetteville, AR has parts for them. They are pretty cool little machines. The Halfinger/Pinzgauers are well built.

Bill W

Thanks Guys

rmgill
Was that you that bought some glass turn signal lenses from me for your ferret at the GAMVPA rally at Falcon field ( peachtree city) last time it was there?

Goatwerks

I have a 72 NA700AP Civilian Haflinger. It is a blast and will make Jeepers and Rhino drivers jealous. They are a nimble, street legal, 2cyl air cooled 32hp 45mph (w 5sp) and have lockers front and rear.

And they can carry a good size load.

They are pricy, and parts are also up there a bit, but overall a lot of bang for the buck, especially for ranchers and others who need to get through narrow rough terrain or dense forest areas.

Wolf.Dose

Goatwerks makes a good desription of the capabilities of a Haflinger. Here we count it in beer carrying capacity (at least some people do). With 800 kg payload which is close to 50 % of the GVW, there are not so many vehicles with the same rating in beer carrying capacity and beeing road legal and off road capabilyty, keep it as long as possible. The pic show the capability of the Haflinger.
Do not forget: They are a nice life boat on a 8 x 8 truck in the rear like a Multy (interchangeable platform)! 8 x 8 with a crane easily can load and unloade them.
Wolf

Last edited:

the_grimace

Haflinger Technik

I have a 1968 Swiss Haflinger and have sourced many parts through Dale @ Haflinger Technik.

Dale is a wonderful guy to deal with and knows his Haflingers very well!

He is located in Scotland and ships worldwide. He has or knows where to get almost any part for the Haflinger or Pinz.

I have personally been over to visit him and his shop and have nothing but excellent things to say about his operation!!

Last edited:

M920

I have just put my 1962 Haflinger up for sale in the classified adds here on SS.

I will list it on EBAY in a few days....just wanted to give the SS members first bid.

I also still have a good stock of NOS and aftermarket parts for the Haflingers on hand, if anyone needs some.

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks