• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack Check Valve - Brake Booster

1943ht

Just tweaking a few items left on the preservation project checklist before starting in on my Maxson M45F Turret.
Decided to dive into my Check Valve on the firewall. Removed it and it rattled just fine, regards movement, but when I opened the valve up and removed the valve(?), found that a bit of rubber on the plunger was missing! Was wondering if anyone had resourced a replacement rubber seal for their valve, made/modified one from what type of materiel/item, or know where a NOS valve could be picked up from?

The rubber in my valve was rock hard from 70+ years of abuse .. its function is fairly limited as from what I understand it keeps vacuum from bleeding off the hydrovac when the engine is shut down so that the hydrovac will have some limited function if the brakes are used with the engine off.

anyway, just looking for some advise on this one!

Thanks,
Mark

Ferretboy

Hello Mark...wow,are you in ohio? So am i not far from your local.....love to help if i can....contact me anytime if you wish....british and german vehicles my specialty....but ??? Not many m.v.ers close i know of???

1943ht

Hello Mark...wow,are you in ohio? So am i not far from your local.....love to help if i can....contact me anytime if you wish....british and german vehicles my specialty....but ??? Not many m.v.ers close i know of???
FB, it would be great to meet ..found a Ferret recently in my area .. not sure who owns it, it has been sitting for a while ..looks very complete. You should come with me to check it out ..

My cell:. 715-821-9426. I'm around by 4pm after work Mon-Fri

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks