• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

halftrack guy found in minnesota

sidsky

was out the other day on a lead and found this guy,he is willing to sell left overs from his halftrack fetish,however i'm not gonna light a fire under him for anything but serious buyers, like the last guy i posted on here got pounded with pix requests and e-mails but nuthin ever materialized and all he wanted was scrape price for the stuff,,,,,,so here we go....

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is SE MN isn't it? Looks like scrap to me, why does everyone with stuff that will require many hours and many $$$$ think their stuff should fetch top $$$$?

I have rusted out on the outside M1009 that runs great, sale today at $10,000 contact me by email and I might return your call if I feel like it.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a complete rear bogie and axle off a Halftrack, the entire track system.

Does he have anything like that? or would he be willing to sell the halftrack with no tracks?

Nice M543 there!

Danger Ranger

Nice place. Does anything run? The Jeep has plates, but who knows how old they are...
I might be interested if it was cheap, reeaalllly cheap...
That's a half-track with the shovel on it right? That could be fun...but not for me.

zout

Enjoyed the display - but why is just Minnesota just OK on this OP.

Sounds more than a scrap yard notification and more of a a parts classified ad they way it come across ?

Sounds as if the OP is helping in some sort or manner the items portayed as well that are not his and belong to someone else ??

Just wondering seeing as you posted, if your not involved would you care about who asks what or offers what for the parts ? If its under scape yard - just post up the location and name ??

Quick way to keep from posting in the ad section and having to do what ??? to be able to post items for sale ?

Not bitchin - not complaining about the post - just seeing stuff between the lines that may not be coming out and sounds suspicious - if not not harm no foul.

But I would think by now a mod or admin would have adivsed per the RULES of the site to put location as well at the state in.
You are not the only one - there are folks here as well posting that have some shape or manner writtern but not the actual state name CUMBERCALIFORNIA - ?? for example.

Danger Ranger

Good point Zout, but I think he found a place with some MV stuff, and is wondering if anyone is interested since it is near him. The OP did have a similar thread recently (few weeks back now...) of a different location. Last time he did give out all the info and the owner did not like it. He got all bent out of shape about being bothered with calls. I think the OP was trying to prevent that again. He just wants to help fellow SS members. 2cents

zout

DR I understand :D

Location is mandatory no matter what and a correct one on top of it - not my rule - as I am always reminded of.

Just see no reason for any limitations of request of pix or the sales going nowhere if he is not involved and a bystander that is only helping to get these parts into workable hands - I for one would drool over having the 1/2 track as well.

Just reasoning for myself for clarification if it belongs in the ad section per a paying member for the parts sale no matter what - it surely appears they are for sale correct by the owner an not the OP.

But eh - its not my site either and I am just watching and only asking questions which does not mean anything.

zout

Just so you know I was not lying about another ones locaton as well still un-notified:
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

sidsky

wow goes from inatentive to just plain rude,if you comprehend the wording correctly,it states the last guy i posted [old mv storage lot in mn] that was the scrape price guy, and the reason i said what i said is because the previous guy got hounded to death call from different time zone 12;00 at night,send me more pix blah blah blah....nothing ever came of anything,just tryin to add some content to everyone elses day.not lookin to profit at all.it is a salvage yard the guys in his 70's not computer savy i was just the delivery method,to those of you who pm'ed me your no#'s have been forwarded to the rest have a nice day,sidsky

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
was out the other day on a lead and found this guy,he is willing to sell left overs from his halftrack fetish,however i'm not gonna light a fire under him for anything but serious buyers, like the last guy i posted on here got pounded with pix requests and e-mails but nuthin ever materialized and all he wanted was scrape price for the stuff,,,,,,so here we go....

Is that a cable hoe in pic #3 on a 1/2 track, if so anymore pics of it, thanks

sidsky

it is...i'll see about better pix,i wo'nt be goin back there this week on my way out the door to sema,i'll pm ya later i'm sure its not goin anywhere,sidsky

eagle4g63

Not to sound like I am joining in to bust balls or anything but, some punctuation and CAPITALIZATION would be nice..............not to mention IN THE RULES.

Makes reading what you are trying to say a whole lot easier.........the rambling mess in post 16 is to say the least a mess...........it confuses me trying to read it.

On the other side of the coin, I do see your intent to weed out the tire kickers and play nice for the guy and help out other Steel Soldiers with their sickness........wish I could afford a 1/2 track..........maybe some time in my future. But for now...:drool::drool::drool::drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks