• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hand crank / check LPW4

sandmanxx

How do you check these little 4 cylinders by hand crank.. Is there a pressure release valve or other way to help in manually turning over?

Going to take top covers off and put a little lube oil in before.

Sorry but was looking for info on hand cranking or turning over the LPW using my cell phone with cell towers not cooperating.. So I decided to post.

Haoleb

its not hard to crank it with just a wrench on the crank pulley. If your belt is good you can probably get it most of the way around by turning the fan.

And of course there is the dead crank switch

sandmanxx

That's my real question. How hard is it to manually turn crank via a flywheel on a bench. Just wanted to check before I get to that point.

Can't find any info / or "have done" it info when looking by cell phone earlier - and will be back with questionable cell search shortly lol

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the glowplugs and turn it over by hand with the crank pulley. It should spin over quite easily.

If it has no crank pulley run the crank bolt in and turn it over with a wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks